How do I turn off OneDrive/

Discus and support How do I turn off OneDrive/ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have no use for this. However, no matter what I am doing, typing a letter, browsing on-line, playing a game, I get a pop-up asking me to set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by milford, Jun 7, 2018.

1. milford Win User

I have no use for this. However, no matter what I am doing, typing a letter, browsing on-line, playing a game, I get a pop-up asking me to set up OneDrive. I'm tired of this. Looking on-line says it cannot be deleted. But, now I'm getting a notice that I have a new OneDrive and I should delete the old one. Makes no sense. Right now, I quit OneDrive and can't find it anywhere on the computer. Search keeps taking me to Windows Defender.

All I want is to end the pop-ups. Any ideas?

:)

milford, Jun 7, 2018
  2. Ernie San Win User

How do I turn automatic emoticons OFF in Windows Mail?

Thank you for the information. To turn-off your emoticons on Windows Mail application, we suggest following the steps below:

• Launch your Mail application.
    • Press ALT + F+ O + M.
    • On the Compose tab, uncheck the Convert special keystrokes to emoticons.
    • Click Apply > OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I turn off OneDrive/ - Similar Threads - turn off OneDrive

2. How to disable the HOME key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the HOME key?: I want to change the registry entry 'Scancode Map' to disable the HOME key. I have already disabled the Caps Lock key and I want to add the Home key to the string but cannot find the changes to make. I DO NOT want to use 'Disable Key' program. Thanks....
  3. HP kicks off Gamescom with OMEN innovations

in Windows 10 News
    HP kicks off Gamescom with OMEN innovations: OMEN by HP unveiled new hardware and mobile software innovations for gaming enthusiasts on the eve of the industry’s big Gamescom event in Cologne, Germany. On the hardware front, the OMEN Obelisk is the latest addition to the company’s desktop gaming family. On the software...
  4. what are "hanging or crashing apts"? And how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what are "hanging or crashing apts"? And how do I fix it?: What are "hanging or crashing apps" and how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/what-are-hanging-or-crashing-apts-and-how-do-i-fix/4a7981fa-d3e1-435f-8aef-b34ee727a26c
  5. when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont...: when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont know what they are. How can I log in on my notebook?...
  6. Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?: Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access? Is there other software to do this? Is 10-Pro required on both computers, if I have to get 10-Pro?...
  7. All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go and how do I restore them?

All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go and how do I restore them?: All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go, and how can I restore them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/all-my-emails-prior-to-yesterday-are-missing-where/caac2dbf-a663-452b-b9a8-22484857589b
  8. how to open mix file in windows 10

how to open mix file in windows 10: I have *.mix files which I can't open them in Windows 10. Is any application can be downloaded to open mix files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-open-mix-file-in-windows-10/495dc746-1b7e-4166-941a-809b409b6c44
  9. I am unable to sign in to windows. .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to sign in to windows. .: I am unable to sign in. This occurred after the Hello option appeared on the sign in screen. Now if you touch any key the computer shuts down....
  10. Where do I find my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where do I find my PIN?: Where do I find my PIN? I never knew I had one and need it for a couple Microsoft apps...….. Thank You madee10 [Original Title: PIN] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/where-do-i-find-my-pin/cbd8d73b-c43d-4d83-b6fa-274ce7696127"