Windows 10: How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022

Discus and support How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've never had the password required to login for years since I set up my computer with windows 10, but right after I installed updates yesterday, it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Blade1220, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Blade1220 Win User

How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022

I've never had the password required to login for years since I set up my computer with windows 10, but right after I installed updates yesterday, it is now requiring me to sign in with a password or PIN every time I restart my computer.When I type netplwiz and press Enter, the resulting dialog box is unchecked to require a password to login. Why is it requiring a password now all of a sudden? How can rollback the latest updates?Thanks,-Blade

:)

Blade1220, Jun 17, 2022

2. How do you opt out of the W8.1 password login?

I just set up a laptop for a friend by DLing ALL the W8 updates, and then installing the 8.1 free update, but it makes you choose a password login. In searching I've found a way to turn that off by unchecking the password option in the user account settings, and it now bypasses it on restart and initial bootup, but it doesn't completely remove this annoying feature. Any time the clock/screensaver kicks in, it still asks for a password.

Does anyone know how to completely bypass the password login option for W8.1?

Frag Maniac, Jun 17, 2022
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 17, 2022
  4. donnyb Win User

No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022 - Similar Threads - turn off password

2. How to turn off required password on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off required password on startup.: I logged into my Windows account on my computer in troubleshooting. Now its always asking for a password when I turn the computer on. I've switched back to the Local User, but the steps i've seen in...
  3. How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022: I've never had the password required to login for years since I set up my computer with windows 10, but right after I installed updates yesterday, it is now requiring me to sign in with a password or PIN every time I restart my computer.When I type netplwiz and press Enter,...
  4. How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022

How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022: I've never had the password required to login for years since I set up my computer with windows 10, but right after I installed updates yesterday, it is now requiring me to sign in with a password or PIN every time I restart my computer.When I type netplwiz and press Enter,...
  5. How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do I turn off password required at login after windows updates 6/16/2022

8. Requiring login after restart: how to turn off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requiring login after restart: how to turn off?: After having to shutdown my PC, I restarted it and ended up stuck, as I was required to login to Microsoft. Since the PC is the source of my password manager, I was stuck and, though I did all of this well in advance of a scheduled business Zoom, I was late to the meeting as...
  9. Requiring login after restart: how to turn off?

Requiring login after restart: how to turn off?: After having to shutdown my PC, I restarted it and ended up stuck, as I was required to login to Microsoft. Since the PC is the source of my password manager, I was stuck and, though I did all of this well in advance of a scheduled business Zoom, I was late to the meeting as...
  10. Requiring login after restart: how to turn off?

in Windows 10 Customization