Windows 10: How do I turn off that icon next to the Windows 10 volume scroller for certain apps?

Discus and support How do I turn off that icon next to the Windows 10 volume scroller for certain apps? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] How exactly do I turn off this icon for certain apps only, like Chrome, for example? Sorry if this doesn't fit with the topic and subtopic, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xklnbx14, Aug 27, 2019.

1. xklnbx14 Win User

How do I turn off that icon next to the Windows 10 volume scroller for certain apps?

How do I turn off that icon next to the Windows 10 volume scroller for certain apps? 5d16d2bf-f137-440f-821d-a7044bc05331?upload=true.jpg

How exactly do I turn off this icon for certain apps only, like Chrome, for example?
    Sorry if this doesn't fit with the topic and subtopic, I don't know what it could be.

:)

xklnbx14, Aug 27, 2019

2. Disappearing volume control icon on taskbar

Hi Brad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in volume icon settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issue with other user accounts?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off and then turn on volume icon. Check if it helps.

Method 1: I recommend you to try to turn on the system icon for volume by following below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Turn system icons on and off" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Turn off and then try to turn on the volume icon
    from the list.

If the issue still persist, refer to the method below.

Method 2: Try to update the audio driver in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with volume icon on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 27, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Volume Icon will not load to Notification Bar

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

We suggest to check if the system icons are turned off/on. To check the system icons, follow the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then click Settings
      > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off.
    • Check if the Volume is turned off/on.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 27, 2019
  4. How do I turn off that icon next to the Windows 10 volume scroller for certain apps?

Can not find volume icon. How to find it and pin to taskbar in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if volume icon is turn off and there is change in printer settings.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to pin the volume icon in taskbar.

1. Click on Search box next to Start menu.

2. Type "Turn on system icons or off" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Then Turn on the volume icon.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I turn off that icon next to the Windows 10 volume scroller for certain apps?

1. How do I turn off that icon next to the Windows 10 volume scroller for certain apps? - Similar Threads - turn off icon

2. How do I turn off the taskbar icon preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the taskbar icon preview: If I have multiple instances of the same application open, I would like each of them to have their own icon on my taskbar this was how older windows handled the extra instances Rather than having them combined into one icon and have to hover to see the preview of the...
  3. How do I turn off the taskbar icon preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the taskbar icon preview: If I have multiple instances of the same application open, I would like each of them to have their own icon on my taskbar this was how older windows handled the extra instances Rather than having them combined into one icon and have to hover to see the preview of the...
  4. How do I change the icon for a certain app: Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the icon for a certain app: Groove Music: Hey guys,So I wanted to change the icon picture for my app, Groove Music...Any ideas how to??Thanks!Itz_Devzz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-icon-for-a-certain-app-groove/a668a8cc-5719-49fc-a536-c85ed1b12b89
  5. How do I change the icon for a certain app: Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the icon for a certain app: Groove Music: Hey guys,So I wanted to change the icon picture for my app, Groove Music...Any ideas how to??Thanks!Itz_Devzz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-icon-for-a-certain-app-groove/a668a8cc-5719-49fc-a536-c85ed1b12b89
  6. How do I change the icon for a certain app: Groove Music

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. how do i turn off the caps lock icon

how do i turn off the caps lock icon: How do i turn off the caps lock icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-caps-lock-icon/4d899b04-0c1d-4610-abd5-2e64d9598155
  8. Turn Off Win-Notification for certain Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Off Win-Notification for certain Apps: Hi, I want to turn off win-notifications for some but not all stuff, right now for HangOut messages. How is it done ? Regards, Frank 121417
  9. Windows 10 - How do I turn this off?

Windows 10 - How do I turn this off?: I get this in many programs, not just Notepad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-how-do-i-turn-this-off/c89645ae-7740-44e8-a715-07b8f54685af
  10. Turn off certain windows 10 notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off certain windows 10 notifications: So when I turn on my computer I get the following notifications: 1) update adobe (no, dont want to) 2) activate OneDrive 3) update Kaspersky anti virus 4) turn on windows firewall 5) tips on saving battery power these are annoying. Is there a way to turn off certain...