Windows 10: How do I turn off the annoying prompt to enter my Windows password in order to view my...

Discus and support How do I turn off the annoying prompt to enter my Windows password in order to view my... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been researching this for almost an hour this morning, but none of the "fixes" are working for me...... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ber67nie, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Ber67nie Win User

How do I turn off the annoying prompt to enter my Windows password in order to view my...

I've been researching this for almost an hour this morning, but none of the "fixes" are working for me...

:)

Ber67nie, Sep 11, 2020

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Sep 11, 2020
  3. UAC prompt asks to enter password in Windows 10

Hi Irinelonofrei,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to login to the built-in admin account and check:

1. Click on Start icon and select Command Prompt run as administrator
    there.

2. Accept the UAC prompt.

3. Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
    net user administrator /active:yes

Note: To disable the account follow the instructions : net user administrator /active:no

If you can log into the Default Administrator account, follow these steps to perform System Restore:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + R to open a Run Dialog.

b. Type %systemroot%\system32\rstrui.exe.

c. Press Enter and select a restore point before the account got deleted.

If issue persists, also try this:

Try to save the password in credential manager and check. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on "Credential Manager" and select "Windows Credentials".
    • Go down to "Generic Credentials" and select "MicrosoftAccount:user=<user_name>" (where <user_name> should be your user name).
    • Click "Edit" and Change the password and press "Save".
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

How do I turn off the annoying prompt to enter my Windows password in order to view my...

Network Sharing prompts for password (Password protected sharing turned off) - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you’ve already turned off password protected sharing, this issue could be due to the incorrect cached credentials stored on the PC. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      small icons.
    • Click on User Accounts and choose your
      User Name.

• On the left pane, click on Manage your credentials.
      Under Windows Credentials, remove the shared computer credentials and save the changes.
    • Exit Control Panel and restart the machine to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I turn off the annoying prompt to enter my Windows password in order to view my... - Similar Threads - turn off annoying

2. Tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?: When I go to an internet account and it asks me for user name and password. I have passwords saved in google, before it will auto fill, Windows asks for my pin. I am tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?...
  3. Tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?: When I go to an internet account and it asks me for user name and password. I have passwords saved in google, before it will auto fill, Windows asks for my pin. I am tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?...
  4. Tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I view my Windows Password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I view my Windows Password?: Hello,I'd like to view my Windows Password. I do not want to change it. I'd just like to make sure my memory is correct. I haven't used it for years since I've set up my computer to bypass that process.Also, is it possible to view my security questions &...
  6. How do I view my Windows Password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I view my Windows Password?: Hello,I'd like to view my Windows Password. I do not want to change it. I'd just like to make sure my memory is correct. I haven't used it for years since I've set up my computer to bypass that process.Also, is it possible to view my security questions &...
  7. How do I view my Windows Password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.: Hi there, When logging into my computer I am asked every time to enter my password for my microsoft account. I don't want to have to enter my microsoft password every time I turn my computer on. How do I turn this off?...
  9. How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off "enter password" for my Microsoft account when logging onto my computer.: Hi there, When logging into my computer I am asked every time to enter my password for my microsoft account. I don't want to have to enter my microsoft password every time I turn my computer on. How do I turn this off?...
  10. capitalization: how do I turn it off so I can enter my password in lower case?

in Windows 10 Customization
    capitalization: how do I turn it off so I can enter my password in lower case?: caps lock is off but still capitalizes first letter. how do I turn it off so I can enter my password in lower case? I have turned off autocorrect under main settings/device/typing and it didn't help....