Windows 10: HOw do I turn off the Edge search box that now pops up at the top of my screen?

Discus and support HOw do I turn off the Edge search box that now pops up at the top of my screen? in Cortana to solve the problem; The search box appeared after I clicked on "Free Live Radio". It interferes with the screen and viewing of what I want to work on.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by hewittel, Jan 12, 2019.

1. hewittel Win User

HOw do I turn off the Edge search box that now pops up at the top of my screen?

The search box appeared after I clicked on "Free Live Radio". It interferes with the screen and viewing of what I want to work on.

:)

hewittel, Jan 12, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 12, 2019
  4. HOw do I turn off the Edge search box that now pops up at the top of my screen?

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

HOw do I turn off the Edge search box that now pops up at the top of my screen?

1. HOw do I turn off the Edge search box that now pops up at the top of my screen? - Similar Threads - turn off Edge

2. search term box pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search term box pop up: there is an annoying small black rectangular box on my screen in microsoft edge. Popups are blocked in edge permissions so thats not the solution. Support tried to fix it and locked me out of the pc all together!! I had to reset the whole pc just to get back in. Then support...
  3. search term box pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search term box pop up: there is an annoying small black rectangular box on my screen in microsoft edge. Popups are blocked in edge permissions so thats not the solution. Support tried to fix it and locked me out of the pc all together!! I had to reset the whole pc just to get back in. Then support...
  4. Turn Off pop up thumbnails in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn Off pop up thumbnails in Edge: How do I turn off the the popup thumbnail/window that shows up when i hover over bookmarks and tabs in Edge? Please help. They are so annoying and they get stuck and don't go away sometimes. submitted by /u/Jonathank92 [link] [comments]...
  5. how do you turn off nero pop ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you turn off nero pop ups: drive me up the wall turn off nero pop up notifications on the bottom right corner of windows 10 only one i need turn off can find anything on utube on it...
  6. How do I turn off Wb search now that you have messed up file search?

in Cortana
    How do I turn off Wb search now that you have messed up file search?: Ok....So last update out of the blue MS changed file explorer to use some new search that doesn't work right and gives wrong answers. Long story short I was forced to turn windows search back on for browsing files on MY computer. Now ..I had cortana and search off for a...
  7. Turn Off Pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn Off Pop ups: how do i turn off "pop up blocker" so I can download some pictures? [Original Title: Pop ups] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-pop-ups/f2406c90-371f-48b1-aa30-6f47c39db3b3
  8. turn off edge pop ups on login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off edge pop ups on login screen: I have turned of Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows and i still get edge pop ups. Any ideas? 139604
  9. How do I turn off these effing pop-up ads?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn off these effing pop-up ads?: Why is windows interrupting my movies/games/work/communication with popup ads for weight loss??? Can someone tell me how to get rid of this? Can the person who came up with the effing idea be publicly crucified? [ATTACH]...
  10. How do I turn off the Pop-Up Music Banner?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the Pop-Up Music Banner?: Whenever I use the media buttons on my laptop, a banner pops up in the upper left corner of the screen. I can't find any notification settings for this, so how do you disable it? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I get edge off the top of my screen

2. how to turn of the search screen that pops up on occasion

3. turn of edge search on top of screen

4. turn off extended search box,
  5. edge at the top of my screen