Windows 10: How do I turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt?

Discus and support How do I turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I permanently turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt on Windows 10 everywhere no matter what software or applications I am using at the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SiriusTheHamster, May 18, 2020.

1. How do I turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt?

How do I permanently turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt on Windows 10 everywhere no matter what software or applications I am using at the time completely and permanently?

:)

SiriusTheHamster, May 18, 2020
  2. PeteG45 Win User

Caret browsing F7 key

The most recent update to windows forces me to answer the caret browsing question every time I press F7. I play a game that uses F7 for a critical feature. Every time I restart the game I get the same question even if I check the checkbox to remember. Is
    there a way to change the behavior to ctrl-F7 or alt-F7?

Mapping this to an unmodified function key is a terrible choice. You’ve impacted a lot of software by permanently altering the behavior of a commonly used key. I’m not saying that giving an easy method of controlling caret browsing is bad, but the chosen
    implementation is unacceptable.

PeteG45, May 18, 2020
  3. elbeasto Win User
    How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt?

How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt?
    Thanks

elbeasto, May 18, 2020
  4. Jim Bat Win User

How do I turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt?

Caret Browsing prompt

How remiss of me and Thank you Dave.

I am using Windows EDGE.

Hope this helps

- Regards

Jim

PS I want to REINSTATE the CHOICE from the original prompt for F7 - "Tick the box to STOP seeing this Prompt"

Jim Bat, May 18, 2020
Thema:

How do I turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt?

1. How do I turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt? - Similar Threads - turn off Caret

2. How to turn off caret browsing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off caret browsing?: Hi, I pressed F7. Got a pop -up. Checked "never show again" and pressed OK, instead of No. Now my keyboard buttons F3 -F7 used for brightness and sound management do not work. Windows 11, Edge.Tried to reset browser - did not help. Tried to turning off this: "Navigate pages...
  3. How to turn off caret browsing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caret browsing?: Hi, I pressed F7. Got a pop -up. Checked "never show again" and pressed OK, instead of No. Now my keyboard buttons F3 -F7 used for brightness and sound management do not work. Windows 11, Edge.Tried to reset browser - did not help. Tried to turning off this: "Navigate pages...
  4. How do i turn of caret browsing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn of caret browsing?: So i accidentally turned caret browsing on and now i cannot turn it off! Like whenever i press f7 it only decreases volume. Please somebody help, this is very annoying :...
  5. How do i turn of caret browsing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i turn of caret browsing?: So i accidentally turned caret browsing on and now i cannot turn it off! Like whenever i press f7 it only decreases volume. Please somebody help, this is very annoying :...
  6. F7 and pop up window prompting to Enable/Disable caret browsing

in Windows 10 Customization
    F7 and pop up window prompting to Enable/Disable caret browsing: Hello everybody.Sorry to bother. Can anyone help me restore the pop up windows prompting to Enable/Disable caret browsing when hitting F7 before you even log in into the system?I mean when you just start your PC, before logging in CRTL+ALT+CANC, I used to see this pop up...
  7. Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image): [ATTACH] This is an update to the post here. I switched Edge Dev to light mode and kept Windows in dark mode, and still the prompt shows up as the dark Fluent UI, so this is definitely a Windows issue. I've included a screenshot this time to show what it looks like, and it...
  8. How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt?: How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt? Thanks 140733
  9. Caret browsing F7 key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caret browsing F7 key: The most recent update to windows forces me to answer the caret browsing question every time I press F7. I play a game that uses F7 for a critical feature. Every time I restart the game I get the same question even if I check the checkbox to remember. Is there a way to change...
  10. Turn On or Off Caret Browsing in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Caret Browsing in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Caret Browsing in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Caret Browsing in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable prompt to enable carrot browsing when pressing f7

2. caret browsing f7