Windows 10: How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joe913, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Joe913 Win User

How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?

:)

Joe913, Aug 4, 2019

2. How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?

Problem solved! I'm not certain I could walk anyone through the steps - but a FREE call to Microsoft solved the problem. The Tier 1 guy there I talked to was also befuddled, but they had another tech call me back and she was able to turn off my internal
    speaker, while allowing my external speaker to play. I wish I could repeat the steps here for others to follow, but I suggest making that FREE call to Microsoft.

MikeDuskus, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Sep 29, 2019
  4. How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?

How do i turn off internal speaker but keep external speakers turned on. I cant seem to to find any way to seperate internal and external speakers, either all are on or all are off?

Windows 10 turned both the external speakers and the internal speakers on. I have not found a way to turn the internal speakers off as I want to listen to the external speakers and not also have the internal speakers working

JohnCrawley2, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - turn off internal

2. Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?: I have a Dell Latitude 5430 running Windows 11. Audio output settings correctly showed both internal speakers and USB headphones. I had a temporary problem with headphones and mistakenly clicked "Don't Allow" button on the internal speakers in System>Sound>Properties. Now the...
  3. Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?: I have a Dell Latitude 5430 running Windows 11. Audio output settings correctly showed both internal speakers and USB headphones. I had a temporary problem with headphones and mistakenly clicked "Don't Allow" button on the internal speakers in System>Sound>Properties. Now the...
  4. How to turn off Cortona Speakers.

in Cortana
    How to turn off Cortona Speakers.: Did a Troubleshooter and accidentally turned on the SPEAKERS. How do I turn them back off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-cortona-speakers/7496ce6d-3653-41ee-8d7d-c39aff61e7d9"
  5. How to turn off internal HDD in Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off internal HDD in Windows 10 laptop: MSI laptop with a 1 TB internal HDD and a 500 MB SSD. I like the configuration but want the HDD only to store copies of things on the SSD. But the HDD keeps running off and on all the time. I turned off indexing, and tried a few other things I found in responses to other...
  6. Each keystroke comes over the speakers. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Each keystroke comes over the speakers. How do I turn this off?: I have a Cybertron gaming computer, desktop, of course. No touch screen keyboard. I was holding down Shift in order to read some message in a game, and a box popped up, I closed it, didn't really read it, wish I had now, and now every keystroke comes through the speakers....
  7. how do i turn off the internal speaker. please do not tell me to buy a mac.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn off the internal speaker. please do not tell me to buy a mac.: this question getsd asked a lot. no one has ever answered it. is there a way to reach the speaker to cut the wire? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-internal-speaker-please-do/586f9a5c-6b56-4b61-bb28-2c204dead909
  8. Switching off internal computer speakers

Switching off internal computer speakers: This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the internal speakers and...
  9. how to turn internal speakers back on?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to turn internal speakers back on?: Someone swiped my bluetooth speaker so how do I turn on my computer's internal speaker again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-internal-speakers-back-on/dae94143-7504-4551-8f1b-379cb02dfbd4
  10. Windows 10 - How do I turn this off?

Windows 10 - How do I turn this off?: I get this in many programs, not just Notepad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-how-do-i-turn-this-off/c89645ae-7740-44e8-a715-07b8f54685af

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off internal speaker windows 10

2. turn on internal speakers windows 10

3. how to turn off internal speaker win 10

4. turn off internal speakers windows 10,
  5. turn on itunes to internal speakers windows 10,
  6. windows 10 cannot turn off speaker