Windows 10: how do I turn off the internet explorer enhanced security

Discus and support how do I turn off the internet explorer enhanced security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to login to my school site and I get a message saying to turn off the enhanced security configuration but I just cannot find anything on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HollieBuxton, Nov 16, 2018.

1. how do I turn off the internet explorer enhanced security

I am trying to login to my school site and I get a message saying to turn off the enhanced security configuration but I just cannot find anything on the control panel that will do this

:)

HollieBuxton, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

internet explorer security

Hi Candy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that the internet is not working. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.

a) Which security software is installed in the system?

b) Do you get any error message when the internet is disconnected?

The issue might arise due to misconfigured settings in Internet Explorer, firewalls from the security software interfering with the connection or a virus infection. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

First, I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance and Internet Explorer security troubleshooters. These can automatically detect and fix any incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with Internet
    Explorer. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key +F to bring up the
    search Charms bar.

b) Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
    Troubleshooting.

c) Click on Troubleshooting
    and select the view all option on the left pane.

d) Click on Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

e) Follow the same steps to run the Internet Explorer security troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to open Internet Explorer in “No-add-ons” mode and check. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key +R

b) Type iexplore.exe –extoff and press enter

c) Now, Internet explorer will be opened without any add on

d) If you don’t face any issue in this mode, then probably an add-on is causing this issue.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to refer to the link and follow steps given in the Microsoft KB article:

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 16, 2018
  3. New Internet Explorer security hole found.

A few websites have been posting the code for the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer 6. Unfortunately, this means that hackers can find vulnerabilities in the code, which they have done. The most recent secuirty hole allows for hackers to remotely hijack a computer, and can be triggered by a rigged multimedia webpage. The fault is mainly due to ActiveX and active scripting problems. Until Microsoft has a patch for this critical flaw, they advise users of Internet Explorer 5.01 and 6 to disable ActiveX controls and active scripting. Running Internet Explorer in Windows Server 2003 with Enhanced Security Configuration does not allow the security hole to be exploited.

Source: CNet

zekrahminator, Nov 16, 2018
  4. mixa Win User

how do I turn off the internet explorer enhanced security

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

how do I turn off the internet explorer enhanced security wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

how do I turn off the internet explorer enhanced security

1. how do I turn off the internet explorer enhanced security - Similar Threads - turn off internet

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  4. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  5. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  6. How do I turn this off?

7. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  8. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  9. how do i turn off the ransomware notification in windows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i turn off the ransomware notification in windows security: I've got a warning on Windows Security saying I need to set up OneDrive for protection in case of ransomware attack. There is a link to dismiss the notification but it isn't working. If I choose "Manage Ransomware Protection" I have another link to dismiss the warning, but...
  10. Can I turn off internet explorer 11?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I turn off internet explorer 11?: I have Windows 10 Home Edition and I use Firefox as my browser. Can I turn off Internet Explorer 11? I was about to but I got the message Turning off Internet Explorer 11 might affect other Windows Features and Programs installed on your computer including default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. security was turned off for internet

2. how do i turn internet explorer security