Windows 10: How do I turn off the little holiday icon that appeared in the right side of my PC's search...

Discus and support How do I turn off the little holiday icon that appeared in the right side of my PC's search... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A little icon appeared there the other day for 'International Tea Day'. It's a cute idea, but I find it annoying and distracting after the first look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KyleStanley4, May 22, 2022.

1. How do I turn off the little holiday icon that appeared in the right side of my PC's search...

A little icon appeared there the other day for 'International Tea Day'. It's a cute idea, but I find it annoying and distracting after the first look so I'd like to know how to turn it off.

:)

KyleStanley4, May 22, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, May 22, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 22, 2022
  4. Ge285 Win User

How do I turn off the little holiday icon that appeared in the right side of my PC's search...

Search icon does not appear on the task bar

I have a laptop and a recently I bought a desktop Pc running windows 10 home edition. The search icon (next to the windows symbol) does not appear on the task bar on the Pc. It does show on the laptop however. Why is it that? I click on the task bar
    with the right button of the mouse and a list appears containing the “search” link on the laptop but that does not appear on the Pc. Also the “cascade windows”, “Show windows stacked” and “show windows side by side” appear grey that is inactive. Both laptop
    and Pc run windows 10 Home edition. Could it be something wrong with the installation? I bought the Pc (a Dell inspiron) recently and today I installed the software. But why is it that the search icon does not show on the task bar and actually it is missing
    from the list that appears when I click on the task bar with the right button of the mouse? Any help would be welcome.

Ge285, May 22, 2022
Thema:

How do I turn off the little holiday icon that appeared in the right side of my PC's search...

1. How do I turn off the little holiday icon that appeared in the right side of my PC's search... - Similar Threads - turn off little

2. The icons on the right-side of my taskbar is windows 10 and left-side is windows 11 how do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icons on the right-side of my taskbar is windows 10 and left-side is windows 11 how do...: I recently got a new SSD for my laptop and after I got my laptop back, this happened where my taskbar changed and one side is windows 10 with the notifications and things and the sound system feels weird. How do I fix this can someone help please?...
  3. The icons on the right-side of my taskbar is windows 10 and left-side is windows 11 how do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The icons on the right-side of my taskbar is windows 10 and left-side is windows 11 how do...: I recently got a new SSD for my laptop and after I got my laptop back, this happened where my taskbar changed and one side is windows 10 with the notifications and things and the sound system feels weird. How do I fix this can someone help please?...
  4. How do I turn off double-sided printing in printer preferences?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off double-sided printing in printer preferences?: Hi, I am unable to find where I can turn off double-sided printing in printer properties. I can see in printer properties it says "Double-sided: Yes". But, there is no option to turn it off. In printer preferences, I have it set to single sided. However, I have some programs...
  5. How do I turn off double-sided printing in printer preferences?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off double-sided printing in printer preferences?: Hi, I am unable to find where I can turn off double-sided printing in printer properties. I can see in printer properties it says "Double-sided: Yes". But, there is no option to turn it off. In printer preferences, I have it set to single sided. However, I have some programs...
  6. How do I turn off the little holiday icon that appeared in the right side of my PC's search...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the little holiday icon that appeared in the right side of my PC's search...: A little icon appeared there the other day for 'International Tea Day'. It's a cute idea, but I find it annoying and distracting after the first look so I'd like to know how to turn it off....
  7. How do I turn off the little holiday icon that appeared in the right side of my PC's search...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the little holiday icon that appeared in the right side of my PC's search...: A little icon appeared there the other day for 'International Tea Day'. It's a cute idea, but I find it annoying and distracting after the first look so I'd like to know how to turn it off....
  8. What is that crap on the right side of my search bar and how do I disable it? Thanks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is that crap on the right side of my search bar and how do I disable it? Thanks: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fernandollb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubfuym/what_is_that_crap_on_the_right_side_of_my_search/
  9. how do i turn off renewal notifications from mcafee that appear in the lower right hand...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn off renewal notifications from mcafee that appear in the lower right hand...: how do i turn off renewal notifications from mcafee that appear in the lower right hand corner of the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-renewal-notifications-from/7d189f9f-9020-4d4c-949d-3ffe2000fc71
  10. Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer: I have a lot of hard drives connected to my computer, some internal, some external. Hard drives J and L are internal hard drives. When I click on "KingKong" (the name I gave my computer), hard drives J and L aren't listed under KingKong on the left but they're listed in...