Windows 10: How do I turn off the Narrator feature?

Discus and support How do I turn off the Narrator feature? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I turn OFF the Narrator feature? * Original title: Narrator funtion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidKarp1, Jul 21, 2019.

1. How do I turn off the Narrator feature?

How do I turn OFF the Narrator feature?

* Original title: Narrator funtion

:)

DavidKarp1, Jul 21, 2019

2. How to turn off the narrator on Windows 10?

Hello Lee,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “Navigater”, are you referring to narrator?
    • Did you try to turn the “Navigater” off from the settings page?

If you are referring to the narrator settings, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Narrator settings and select the top most search result.
    • Slide the Narrator option bar to Off status under
      Hear text and controls on the screen.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 21, 2019
  3. narrator

Hi,

To isolate the concern, please answer the following questions:

• Which version of operating system (OS) build is currently installed on your phone?
    • How long you've been having this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot showing the icon or tiles that is circle while the Narrator is turn on and turn off?

For your reference, you may visit this link on how to use Narrator on Windows Mobile.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Dennis Zac, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

How do I turn off the Narrator feature?

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hello Brenda,

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to turn off narrator.

• Type ease of access in the search bar and press enter

• Click on Narrator and turn off
    Reference:

Hear text read aloud with Narrator

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-hear-text-read-aloud

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I turn off the Narrator feature?

1. How do I turn off the Narrator feature? - Similar Threads - turn off Narrator

2. How do I turn off family features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off family features?: I have to open this question again as I haven't seen any responses.If anyone knows how to completely take off the family safety feature please, please let me know. When I set my laptop with a Microsoft account I mistakenly and regretfully added my son's information just in...
  3. How do I turn off family features?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off family features?: I have to open this question again as I haven't seen any responses.If anyone knows how to completely take off the family safety feature please, please let me know. When I set my laptop with a Microsoft account I mistakenly and regretfully added my son's information just in...
  4. How do I turn off Family Feature?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I turn off Family Feature?: My child can't use most of their computer and the directions to turn off Family Features require me to sign in to my Microsoft account. I don't know my username or password that I signed in for my child. Is there a way for them to take the Family Features off their computer?...
  5. How do I turn off Family Feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off Family Feature?: My child can't use most of their computer and the directions to turn off Family Features require me to sign in to my Microsoft account. I don't know my username or password that I signed in for my child. Is there a way for them to take the Family Features off their computer?...
  6. How do I turn off Family Feature?

7. I am trying to turn off the narrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to turn off the narrator.: I know you can press ctr + b to on/off the narrator but I want it completely gone.Like I want it to be turned off even if I do ctrl + BPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-turn-off-the-narrator/982f9d60-4dc1-4648-8517-67fc47f94ae8
  8. I am trying to turn off the narrator.

I am trying to turn off the narrator.: I know you can press ctr + b to on/off the narrator but I want it completely gone.Like I want it to be turned off even if I do ctrl + BPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-turn-off-the-narrator/982f9d60-4dc1-4648-8517-67fc47f94ae8
  9. How do I turn off this feature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn off this feature?: I recently updated my latptop from Windows 8 to 10. There's a feature that's annoying me but I don't know what it's called or how to turn it off. Sometimes when I'm scrolling up or down a page it'll suddenly bring me to a screen that shows all my open windows as small...
  10. Constant narration WITH narration turned off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant narration WITH narration turned off.: When I open a web page, many times I get the female voice describing the subject of the page I just opened. When I research the problem, all help sites say to turn off the narrator. The narrator is off but she still remains. It's annoying. I figured it's Cortana which I tried...