Windows 10: how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when i'm working in...

Discus and support how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when i'm working in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when I'm working in files? It interrupts my work and causes errors. I will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eviek9806, Apr 26, 2020.

1. eviek9806 Win User

how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when i'm working in...

how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when I'm working in files? It interrupts my work and causes errors. I will be moving a pdf into a file and the screen refreshes which causes it to freeze like a glitch then it deposits the pdf in whatever file it paused over, even when it's not the correct file..

:)

eviek9806, Apr 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 26, 2020
  4. how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when i'm working in...

Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when i'm working in...

1. how do i turn off the setting which continually "refreshes" my screen when i'm working in... - Similar Threads - turn off setting

2. In OneDrive, how do I turn off email notifications when I'm the owner of a folder under My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In OneDrive, how do I turn off email notifications when I'm the owner of a folder under My...: In OneDrive, how do I turn off notifications when I'm the owner of a folder under My Files and a person I've given access and can edit shares that with someone else? Every time they share this folder with someone, I get notified that they shared it. All my notification...
  3. In OneDrive, how do I turn off email notifications when I'm the owner of a folder under My...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In OneDrive, how do I turn off email notifications when I'm the owner of a folder under My...: In OneDrive, how do I turn off notifications when I'm the owner of a folder under My Files and a person I've given access and can edit shares that with someone else? Every time they share this folder with someone, I get notified that they shared it. All my notification...
  4. My laptop continues to recognize secondary screen even when it is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop continues to recognize secondary screen even when it is turned off: Hi,I used to connect my old hp laptopwin7 to a LG tv screen, the desktop would switch automatically to the tv and the laptop screen turns off show only on screen 2. Whenever I turn the TV off the laptop would automatically show desktop on its screen automatically switch to...
  5. My laptop continues to recognize secondary screen even when it is turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop continues to recognize secondary screen even when it is turned off: Hi,I used to connect my old hp laptopwin7 to a LG tv screen, the desktop would switch automatically to the tv and the laptop screen turns off show only on screen 2. Whenever I turn the TV off the laptop would automatically show desktop on its screen automatically switch to...
  6. How do I turn off Memory Integrity setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off Memory Integrity setting?: I am working with a protected program to change a digital sign for my business. The special USB key requires me to turn off the Memory Integrity setting found in the Security section of settings under Core Isolation. Unfortunately, it states it is controlled by my...
  7. How do I turn off the lock on rotate my screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the lock on rotate my screen?: How do I turn off the lock on rotate screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-lock-on-rotate-my-screen/3be82565-f7fb-4011-bcf3-eb1fde5c1821
  8. Delivery Optimization and other Setting Continue to Run even when Turned Off in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delivery Optimization and other Setting Continue to Run even when Turned Off in Settings: Hi, I have a question. I am using Win 10 1803. I went into the settings and turned of delivery optimization. Go to services, and delivery optimization is still running. Go into gpedit and create a rule to stop it from running, and there it is in services running again. I...
  9. how do i turn off my touch screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i turn off my touch screen: how do I turn off the touch screen on my computer and or fix it the sensors on my touch screen are really spazzy they registered that my finger is touching the screen when I'm not like when I'm playing a game or typing my paper or watching a video all of a sudden my screen...
  10. How do I turn off the webcam when I'm recording a slide show in PowerPoint?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I turn off the webcam when I'm recording a slide show in PowerPoint?: How do I turn off the webcam when I'm recording a slide show in PowerPoint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-webcam-when-im-recording-a/3c92a5f4-cbb0-4d79-881f-a0e07a90131e