Windows 10: How do I turn off the touch keyboard?

Discus and support How do I turn off the touch keyboard? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I turn off the touch keyboard?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianFischer2, Aug 27, 2018.

1. How do I turn off the touch keyboard?

How do I turn off the touch keyboard?

:)

BrianFischer2, Aug 27, 2018
  2. red197 Win User

Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

Hi,

I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this behavior, HOWEVER, it's mandatory that I have either the touch keyboard or a screen keyboard when i start my tablet in order to be able to sign in to my account. at that point the system does not recognize an external keyboard. Can anyone tell me how to accomplished this: the steps to disable the annoying popup touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available at startup?

Thanks in advance for any help.

red197, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Mon.k11 Win User

Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I turn off the touch keyboard? - Similar Threads - turn off touch

2. How do I turn off laptop keyboard backlight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off laptop keyboard backlight?: My laptop keyboard configures Fn + Spacebar to change the backlight. The spacebar doesn't work, from water damage. The same combination does not work with an external keyboard or on-screen keyboard.Following a previous post, I've tried to go into Control Panel and change it,...
  3. How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2?: How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2. There appears to be no setting that applied to the Touch Keyboard. The setting Time & Language => "Show Text Suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard" does not affect the Touch Keyboard,...
  4. How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2?: How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2. There appears to be no setting that applied to the Touch Keyboard. The setting Time & Language => "Show Text Suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard" does not affect the Touch Keyboard,...
  5. How do I turn on my touch pad when I accidentally turned it off

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn on my touch pad when I accidentally turned it off: I’ve tried using the arrow keys but it’s being unresponsive when I get the touchpad settings on I don’t know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-my-touch-pad-when-i-accidentally/70ffac1e-5abd-401d-8331-14d4dd33d85a
  6. How do I turn on my touch pad when I accidentally turned it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on my touch pad when I accidentally turned it off: I’ve tried using the arrow keys but it’s being unresponsive when I get the touchpad settings on I don’t know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-my-touch-pad-when-i-accidentally/70ffac1e-5abd-401d-8331-14d4dd33d85a
  7. How do I turn on my touch pad when I accidentally turned it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how do i turn off my touch screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i turn off my touch screen: how do I turn off the touch screen on my computer and or fix it the sensors on my touch screen are really spazzy they registered that my finger is touching the screen when I'm not like when I'm playing a game or typing my paper or watching a video all of a sudden my screen...
  9. How do i turn on my touch keyboard with cmds

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i turn on my touch keyboard with cmds: Help me, I Turned off the touch keyboard with cmds then i forgot how to enable it again please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-my-touch-keyboard-with-cmds/c1831a62-8411-42f0-ae99-81586923bb6f
  10. Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup: Hi, I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this behavior, HOWEVER, it's mandatory...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off touch keyboard

2. how do i turn off touch keyboard

3. RED197