Windows 10: How do I turn off the warning query on desktop .url files?

Discus and support How do I turn off the warning query on desktop .url files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; some of these files do not cause a query. There should be a tick-box on the query to turn it off. These are not random urls. they are used often.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Owen N, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Owen N Win User

How do I turn off the warning query on desktop .url files?

some of these files do not cause a query.

There should be a tick-box on the query to turn it off.

These are not random urls. they are used often. They don't need an extra query step every time I use them. How are they any different to a standard IE desktop shortcut???

Actual "real person" technical support is not available, so this is the next best, or possibly better, forum.

:)

Owen N, Dec 11, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 11, 2020
  4. How do I turn off the warning query on desktop .url files?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

How do I turn off the warning query on desktop .url files?

1. How do I turn off the warning query on desktop .url files? - Similar Threads - turn off warning

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. Can't delete URL file off of desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete URL file off of desktop: I have a url file on my desktop and i cant delete it. every time i try it just stays there and i tried every possible method mentioned on the internet. i cannot move it to another folder nor edit it. it just stays on my desktop. please help....
  4. Can't delete URL file off of desktop

Can't delete URL file off of desktop: I have a url file on my desktop and i cant delete it. every time i try it just stays there and i tried every possible method mentioned on the internet. i cannot move it to another folder nor edit it. it just stays on my desktop. please help....
  5. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  6. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  7. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  8. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  9. How turn off security warning dialog OneNote 2016 desktop?

How turn off security warning dialog OneNote 2016 desktop?: How can I turn off the security warning dialog in OneNote 2016 desktop? I'm linking to files on my own, stand-alone, no-network machine and it's gettingreally irritating having that dialog every time. I went to File>Options>Trust Centerbut there's no toggle for this. Thanks....
  10. How do you turn off the removable media detected warning

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you turn off the removable media detected warning: How do you turn off the removable media detected warning on shut down or reboot. [img] I know the media is there, I put it there and in 60 seconds when this reboots I will have to put it back. This irritates me 3 or 4 times a week, and on the occasional day several...