Windows 10: How do I turn off this feature?

Discus and support How do I turn off this feature? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently updated my latptop from Windows 8 to 10. There's a feature that's annoying me but I don't know what it's called or how to turn it off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notrealtea, May 14, 2020.

1. How do I turn off this feature?

I recently updated my latptop from Windows 8 to 10. There's a feature that's annoying me but I don't know what it's called or how to turn it off. Sometimes when I'm scrolling up or down a page it'll suddenly bring me to a screen that shows all my open windows as small squares. The words "new desktop" are at the top of this screen. This feature seems useless and it pops up all the time even though I don't want it to, so I want to turn it off. How do I do that?

submitted by /u/notrealtea
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/notrealtea, May 14, 2020

2. Win 10 Pro 64x: under Turn Windows features on or off, what are the default features?

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

When you will open the Windows features window the options in front of which there is a check mark then those options are turned on by default. You may refer to the steps provided below to open Windows feature on.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type appwiz.cpl
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Now check the list and see the option in front of which there is a check mark.

For example Internet explorer, media features, Print to PDF etc.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 23, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How do I turn off this feature? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 23, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

How do I turn off this feature?

Family Features Blocking Chrome on Adult Account

Hello,

Best that we could suggest here as an easy fix is to have the Family feature administrator remove your account from the list. Feel free to check out
    this link from our support website for steps on how to do so.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I turn off this feature?

1. How do I turn off this feature? - Similar Threads - turn off feature

2. How do I turn off family features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off family features?: I have to open this question again as I haven't seen any responses.If anyone knows how to completely take off the family safety feature please, please let me know. When I set my laptop with a Microsoft account I mistakenly and regretfully added my son's information just in...
  3. How do I turn off family features?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off family features?: I have to open this question again as I haven't seen any responses.If anyone knows how to completely take off the family safety feature please, please let me know. When I set my laptop with a Microsoft account I mistakenly and regretfully added my son's information just in...
  4. How do I turn off Family Feature?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I turn off Family Feature?: My child can't use most of their computer and the directions to turn off Family Features require me to sign in to my Microsoft account. I don't know my username or password that I signed in for my child. Is there a way for them to take the Family Features off their computer?...
  5. How do I turn off Family Feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off Family Feature?: My child can't use most of their computer and the directions to turn off Family Features require me to sign in to my Microsoft account. I don't know my username or password that I signed in for my child. Is there a way for them to take the Family Features off their computer?...
  6. How do I turn off Family Feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  8. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  9. How do I turn off the Narrator feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the Narrator feature?: How do I turn OFF the Narrator feature? * Original title: Narrator funtion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-narrator-feature/c4b997bd-720e-4f7a-a784-6eb0289db2f0
  10. How do I turn off microsoft family features?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I turn off microsoft family features?: Please help, I'm going insane. Ever since I added myself to a family group to fix my DOB, (i accidentally set my DOB to 2014) family features blocks my access to Itunes, inprivate browsing on edge and google chrome. And when I removed myself from the group, the problem...