Windows 10: how do I turn off time announcements???

Discus and support how do I turn off time announcements??? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i keep looking around and no advice has helped. this only happens on my new laptop, there is no other software that could possibly be doing this. no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PsyKipz, Oct 3, 2022.

1. PsyKipz Win User

how do I turn off time announcements???

i keep looking around and no advice has helped. this only happens on my new laptop, there is no other software that could possibly be doing this. no extensions, no downloaded content, nothing. please help its really annoying

:)

PsyKipz, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Joe Men Win User

called announce

I have provided the steps on how you can enable the Use Speech to announce caller ID in my initial response.

For your convenience, here the detailed steps:

• Launch the Settings app.
    • Tap Ease of Access.
    • Tap More options.
    • Tap the On/Off slider under the Use Speech to announce caller ID to set it on or off.
    Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Entegy Win User
    Navigation should announce street name every time

There are voices you can download that will announce street names. Look in the app's settings.

The app also does announce the next step right after a turn. Not sure why it's not for you. It always does for me, then usually announces again at set intervals such as 1km, 600km, 200km, the turn itself.

I've never been led astray by the navigation. In fact, the few times I doubted HERE Drive, I've gone the wrong way.

Entegy, Oct 3, 2022
  4. how do I turn off time announcements???

caller id announcement

Hi,
    sandra michelleanderson

Thank you for reaching out on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps provided below to turn on Speech:

• To turn on Speech for accessibility, tap Settings
      how do I turn off time announcements??? start-icon-settings.png
      > Ease of access, and then turn
      on
      how do I turn off time announcements??? basic-icon-toggle-on.png
      Speech for phone accessibility. This enables the following:
      • Talking caller ID for phone calls. When you get a call, your phone will announce the name or number of the caller.
      • Speed dialing. To assign a speed dial number, say "Save speed dial" and then follow the instructions. Once you assign some speed dial numbers, you can use the "Call speed dial" command to call them. Say "Call speed dial number"
        (where number is the assigned speed dial number)
      • Turning call forwarding on or off using Speech. Say "Turn call forwarding on" or "Turn call forwarding off."

• To have your phone announce and read incoming text messages, tap Settings > Speech, and then turn on
      how do I turn off time announcements??? basic-icon-toggle-on.png
      Play
      audio confirmations. Tap Read aloud incoming text messages, and then choose when you want to hear the announcements—all the time, or only when using a Bluetooth and/or a wired headset.

• When your phone announces an incoming text, you can say "Read it" or "Ignore." Then you can dictate and send a reply.

Please let us know if it helps.

Rowena Cam, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

how do I turn off time announcements???

1. how do I turn off time announcements??? - Similar Threads - turn off announcements

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. how do I turn off time announcements???

how do I turn off time announcements???: i keep looking around and no advice has helped. this only happens on my new laptop, there is no other software that could possibly be doing this. no extensions, no downloaded content, nothing. please help its really annoying...
  4. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  5. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  6. How do I turn this off?

7. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  8. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  9. how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour: see subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-voice-that-announces-the-time/1260b4f0-414b-49da-81f6-8a687dc17f7b
  10. How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement?

How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement?: My Lenovo X250 gives me an annoying hourly time announcement and I cant turn it off. I cant even find this tool online or find anyone with the same issue. I dont know if its a windows, lenovo or a third party feature. I installed Windows 10 on my desktop and it is on there...