Windows 10: how do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse?

Discus and support how do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DougShuman, Feb 5, 2020.

1. how do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse?

How do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse?

:)

DougShuman, Feb 5, 2020

2. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Nikwhoo Win User
    Windows 10: How do I turn off touchpad while using mouse?

As far as the Microsoft Surface Pro many of you are having trouble with follow these steps:

• Click on the windows icon.
    • Click on the settings icon.
    • Choose Devices (Bluetooth, printers, mouse).
    • Look in the left-side column, click on Touchpad.
    • Now you may choose to turn your touchpad off.
    • However, make sure the box below is unchecked before you turn it off, to keep the touchpad off when your mouse is connected.

I hope these steps were helpful, saved you some time, and reduced your stress level.

Take care!!!

Nikwhoo, Feb 5, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

how do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse?

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

how do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse?

1. how do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse? - Similar Threads - turn off touchpad

2. How do I turn off the thing that turns off your touchpad when you type.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the thing that turns off your touchpad when you type.: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop. I can't exactly game... When pressing the W key the touchpad doesn't work, is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-thing-that-turns-off-your/40e02993-0591-4e01-9fcf-9b9d9ec0d3a7
  3. How to turn off touchpad when mouse is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off touchpad when mouse is plugged in?: For a Dell Latitude 6430 ATG .. the latest windows 10 sept 2022 .. No way to turn off the touchpad when the mouse is plugged in using Control Panel. The option to do that is no longer there......
  4. How to turn off touchpad when mouse is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off touchpad when mouse is plugged in?: For a Dell Latitude 6430 ATG .. the latest windows 10 sept 2022 .. No way to turn off the touchpad when the mouse is plugged in using Control Panel. The option to do that is no longer there......
  5. How to turn off touchpad when mouse is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. If I turn off "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" the touchpad turns off as if...

If I turn off "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" the touchpad turns off as if...: I have also tried to uninstall the devices trough device manager but upon restart it stops working again. Any form of help is needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-turn-off-leave-touchpad-on-when-a-mouse-is/36719dee-c57e-4bfe-8943-a15b054d873d
  7. Turning touchpad off when mouse is connected: Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning touchpad off when mouse is connected: Error: Since I play games on laptop it's annoying when I accidentally touch the touchpad accidentally when im using my mouse, so I decided to turn this option off, but when I turn it off, if i disconnect the mouse, the touchpad doesn't work. To some people this might seem as if the...
  8. Windows 10: How do I turn off touchpad while using mouse?

Windows 10: How do I turn off touchpad while using mouse?: I have a Dell Inspirion laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-do-i-turn-off-touchpad-while-using/a14b69e3-50e6-4d20-bf54-dbe1ae21a1a9
  9. turning off touchpad mouse when using external mouse

turning off touchpad mouse when using external mouse: Since the last update yesterday, I can no longer find where or how to turn off the touchpad mouse. Previous to the update, I had the internal mouse turned off when an external device is present. Now I cannot turn the touchpad mouse off. I've tried FN-F7, I've looked under...
  10. How do I turn off the touchpad when usb mouse connected?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I turn off the touchpad when usb mouse connected?: How to turn off touchpad when usb mouse connected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-touchpad-when-usb-mouse/8a96e3b4-d9d5-4516-882b-bfab92bd23bc