Windows 10: How do I turn OFF windows auto update

Discus and support How do I turn OFF windows auto update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows update keeps trying to update the same update that was installed already. I is a 1 hour process to install and remove when it will not install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CharlesRader2, Jan 11, 2020.

1. How do I turn OFF windows auto update

Windows update keeps trying to update the same update that was installed already. I is a 1 hour process to install and remove when it will not install properly. I have been thru this 6 times and am tired of it! How do I turn it off of limit downloads that I choose to install?

:)

CharlesRader2, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 11, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

How do I turn OFF windows auto update

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

How do I turn OFF windows auto update

1. How do I turn OFF windows auto update - Similar Threads - turn OFF auto

2. How do I turn off auto dimming on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off auto dimming on windows 11: I have tried the method used by Microsoft, where-by you go to Settings, Display Brightness and uncheck the "Help Improve battery ...".However, this did not work. I am operating a Dell XPS 15 7590 on the latest bios update....
  3. How do I turn off auto dimming on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off auto dimming on windows 11: I have tried the method used by Microsoft, where-by you go to Settings, Display Brightness and uncheck the "Help Improve battery ...".However, this did not work. I am operating a Dell XPS 15 7590 on the latest bios update....
  4. How do I turn off auto arrange?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn off auto arrange?: How do I turn off auto Arrange in File Explorer? When I follow the instructions I have found in using search, I was told to Right click a blank area in the window and select “View” and turn off the Auto Arrange. But that option is not in the view menu.I’m using Windows 10 Pro...
  5. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  6. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  7. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  8. How do I turn off Windows updates for good!!

How do I turn off Windows updates for good!!: I am trying to turn of windows updates. I have tried turning off the service(manual trigger), however windows still continues to update. What is the most certain way of turning them off. I am running Windows Home 10. Background - I run 1-2 day long simulations using...
  9. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...
  10. How do I turn off the auto opening windows?Please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the auto opening windows?Please help: So i have a problem and i don't know how to solve him. Okay so when i have 2 or more apps opened, and i point at other window ,that other window pops up so i can't see the window that i was looking at. I am gonna give you an image . When I am pointing at RED dot and then i...