Windows 10: How do I turn off Windows updates for good!!

Discus and support How do I turn off Windows updates for good!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to turn of windows updates. I have tried turning off the service(manual trigger), however windows still continues to update. What is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DSR1990, Jan 18, 2019.

1. DSR1990 Win User

How do I turn off Windows updates for good!!

I am trying to turn of windows updates. I have tried turning off the service(manual trigger), however windows still continues to update. What is the most certain way of turning them off. I am running Windows Home 10.

Background - I run 1-2 day long simulations using specialized software, and every 2-3 days windows interrupts my simulation and proceeds to run an update (which usually inevitably fails). So I do not really care about security risks or out of date drivers if I cannot do my work. Active hours does not help, as my simulations last longer than a day.

Any help is appreciated. Did I express my frustration at Microsoft yet?

:)

DSR1990, Jan 18, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do I turn off Windows updates for good!! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 18, 2019
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 18, 2019
  4. How do I turn off Windows updates for good!!

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

How do I turn off Windows updates for good!!

1. How do I turn off Windows updates for good!! - Similar Threads - turn off updates

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  4. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  5. How do I turn this off?

6. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  7. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  8. Turning off UAC for good

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off UAC for good: Long story short. I am a fire alarm tech. I use different softwares but one cannot open if UAC is on amy setting but Never Notify Me when: and IT is no help as HQ wants it but HQ don't understand it hinders our productivity. Is there a way to keep it at NEVER whenever I use...
  9. How do I turn OFF windows auto update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn OFF windows auto update: Windows update keeps trying to update the same update that was installed already. I is a 1 hour process to install and remove when it will not install properly. I have been thru this 6 times and am tired of it! How do I turn it off of limit downloads that I choose to install?...
  10. How do I turn off automatic updates?

How do I turn off automatic updates?: Windows 10 operating system. HP pavilion g series laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-automatic-updates/d1b87c4f-dfe1-4049-ab3a-bb89136e0468

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off windows update for good

2. how do i turn off automatic updates on my canon mx922 printer