Windows 10: How do I turn off word suggestions while typing in ALL applications

Discus and support How do I turn off word suggestions while typing in ALL applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i turn off the word suggestions that appear as I type? It does this in EVERY application I am in so it must be something I need to turn off in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GMRoberts, Apr 13, 2019.

1. GMRoberts Win User

How do I turn off word suggestions while typing in ALL applications

how do i turn off the word suggestions that appear as I type? It does this in EVERY application I am in so it must be something I need to turn off in the microsoft settings. The words stay on the screen too long, requires another key stroke or 2 from me to get rid of it and it is a nuisance. Does it in Word, email, internet browser, even typing this question it comes up with word suggestions.

:)

GMRoberts, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Am360 Win User

Suggestion on enhancement of typing Amharic words

To those who developed Amharic typing/keyboarding system. I have one comment/suggestion on it.

"Enter" or "Space" key is used frequently when Amharic words are typed. These keys help to select the right word from displayed options. To make Amharic typing fast and easy please enhance it to take the first choice when the user press any other key that
    is not listed as options. For example to type the word "ሚስጥር" here are the steps on the current Amharic typing system

1. pressing "m" and then "i" and then space/enter keys (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" and then space/enter keys (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." and then space/enter keys (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" and then space/enter keys (to type ር)

I suggest to have a possibility not to use space/enter keys to write the same word ("ሚስጥር"). That means when I press "m" and then "i", I have two available options "ሚ" and "ሜ". space/enter key is used to type "ሚ" and "e" is used to type "ሜ". If the user
    type any other keys (other than "e" or space/enter), it will not write anything on the screen because it is out of the available options. What I am suggesting here is that - when the user types any key which is not in the available options, let it take the
    first option.

if you apply the above suggestion here will be the steps to type the word "ሚስጥር"

1. pressing "m" and then "i" (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" (to type ር)

This will make typing Amharic words very easy and fast.

Am360, Apr 13, 2019
  3. turn off suggestions

Hi,

Try the below steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Settings from Three horizontal dots at top.
    • Click on Advanced Settings.
    • Select View Advanced Settings.
    • Click on Privacy and services.
    • Now Turn the ‘Show search suggestions as I type’.
    Let us know the status.

Vinod Archak, Apr 13, 2019
  4. How do I turn off word suggestions while typing in ALL applications

How do I turn off suggested words as I am typing?

Lately, when I am typing, suggested words appear (appears, appearance... etc just now). HOW do I turn off that extremely annoying "feature"?

RichardSteeb, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

How do I turn off word suggestions while typing in ALL applications

1. How do I turn off word suggestions while typing in ALL applications - Similar Threads - turn off word

2. Questions regarding WORD. How do I turn off all the alerts on my document?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions regarding WORD. How do I turn off all the alerts on my document?: I have three laptops and use all three to make changes to an ongoing document I have in WORD.Lately, I am completely baffled by changes that have taken place and want to stop all of it. I like to keep things simple. I do not need to know what changes have occurred I'm the one...
  3. Questions regarding WORD. How do I turn off all the alerts on my document?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions regarding WORD. How do I turn off all the alerts on my document?: I have three laptops and use all three to make changes to an ongoing document I have in WORD.Lately, I am completely baffled by changes that have taken place and want to stop all of it. I like to keep things simple. I do not need to know what changes have occurred I'm the one...
  4. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?: I keep trying to turn off predictive text and suggestions on what i should type, but nothing seems to work. I have tried going into settings and turning off predictive text for the software and hardware keyboard, but neither have solved the problem. I also tried downloading...
  5. How do I turn off the "Disable Touchpad while Typing" option in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the "Disable Touchpad while Typing" option in Windows 11?: I read from another thread that you need to go into your Additional Mouse Settings and then under Hardware, or if the manufacture has it's own tab, it will be there. I didn't find anything there though, no option to change really anything. Is there anything that I can do to...
  6. How do I turn off the "Disable Touchpad while Typing" option in Windows 11?

How do I turn off the "Disable Touchpad while Typing" option in Windows 11?: I read from another thread that you need to go into your Additional Mouse Settings and then under Hardware, or if the manufacture has it's own tab, it will be there. I didn't find anything there though, no option to change really anything. Is there anything that I can do to...
  7. How do I remove the words and phrases I have typed from the typing suggestions in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the words and phrases I have typed from the typing suggestions in Windows 10?: Open Settings > Devices > Typing > Under "How AI has helped you" choose "Typing insights"; Then, switch to turn off and turn it on again to clear the cache of previous typing suggestions.Is this the right way to delete my previous typing suggestions or not? Because it has...
  8. How do I remove the words and phrases I have typed from the typing suggestions in Windows 10?

How do I remove the words and phrases I have typed from the typing suggestions in Windows 10?: Open Settings > Devices > Typing > Under "How AI has helped you" choose "Typing insights"; Then, switch to turn off and turn it on again to clear the cache of previous typing suggestions.Is this the right way to delete my previous typing suggestions or not? Because it has...
  9. auto suggestion of word while using word application

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto suggestion of word while using word application: Please help! While I am typing anywhere, I get this annoying word suggestion box on my screen, often over my text. How do I switch it off and make it go to it's final resting place? Screen shot below: Thank you wise people. Rach Oh so ironic!!!!!!...
  10. annoying suggestion while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    annoying suggestion while typing: Hi, For the past week or so, whenever I am typing anywhere, let it be notepad or google, I get this annoying suggestion box near the cursor. I don't know where it is coming from and I could see no software installed in my system which could perform this. What I could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word suggestions when typing

2. How to write ሜ on computer microsoft word

3. wiki windows phone turn off word suggestions