Windows 10: How Do I Turn On A Closed Laptop Using A USB External Keyboard

Discus and support How Do I Turn On A Closed Laptop Using A USB External Keyboard in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I got a Razer Blade Stealth laptop recently and it sits in a drawer closed at all times which has wires connecting it to two external monitors on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Minh Folkmanis, Sep 23, 2020.

1. How Do I Turn On A Closed Laptop Using A USB External Keyboard

I got a Razer Blade Stealth laptop recently and it sits in a drawer closed at all times which has wires connecting it to two external monitors on my desk. Every time I want to turn it on I have to open the drawer and open it to turn it on. Is there a way to turn the “closed” laptop on using an external keyboard? And shows up on the monitor of course.

:)

Minh Folkmanis, Sep 23, 2020

2. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 laptop does not wake with external keyboard and mouse when lid closed

I use a Windows 10 laptop connected to an external monitor, as well as a wireless USB keyboard and mouse. I have configured the laptops's lid so that is does nothing when opened or closed. However, I am unable to wake the computer from sleep using the external keyboard and mouse when the lid was already closed when going to sleep. That is,

• if I go to sleep with the lid open, then close the lid, then touch keyboard/mouse, it works just fine
    • if I enter sleep mode with the lid closed, the external keyboard and mouse will not work

Any idea? I have tried everything I have found on forums, but nothing works for me. I am using a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13, which has a rather limited BIOS (hence changing BIOS settings does not seem an option for me).

Noel Arteche, Sep 23, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

How Do I Turn On A Closed Laptop Using A USB External Keyboard

External Monitor For HP Laptop ?

You'll need external (USB) keyboard *Smile

AndreTen, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Turn On A Closed Laptop Using A USB External Keyboard

1. How Do I Turn On A Closed Laptop Using A USB External Keyboard - Similar Threads - Turn Closed Laptop

2. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard: Unfortunately, the keyboard on my laptop is awful, both the "v" and "b" keys simply don't work, and the "m" key has fallen off leaving a space on my keyboard which is impossible to reattach, and this now means that occasionally, my keyboard just constantly types the "m" key.I...
  3. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard: Unfortunately, the keyboard on my laptop is awful, both the "v" and "b" keys simply don't work, and the "m" key has fallen off leaving a space on my keyboard which is impossible to reattach, and this now means that occasionally, my keyboard just constantly types the "m" key.I...
  4. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse: Hi. I recently started using an external usb keyboard and bluetooth mouse on my Dell Latitude 7280 laptop Windows 10 Pro. After few hours use laptop keyboard and touchpad stopped working. I checked Device manager and the I2C Hid device has a yellow warning. There are also a...
  6. Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse: Hi. I recently started using an external usb keyboard and bluetooth mouse on my Dell Latitude 7280 laptop Windows 10 Pro. After few hours use laptop keyboard and touchpad stopped working. I checked Device manager and the I2C Hid device has a yellow warning. There are also a...
  7. Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I turn off the keyboard in my laptop to used external keyboard?

How can I turn off the keyboard in my laptop to used external keyboard?: I have tried many methods out there but it doesn't work. If I unistall then it re-installs. If I update to a certain driver incorrectly, it will update itself...
  9. How do I use the external monitor when laptop is closed?

How do I use the external monitor when laptop is closed?: I Have a Lenovo Twist, running win10. The external monitor is #2 & is set as main display and 'display only on #2'. When I close laptop everything goes to sleep....
  10. Plugged USB keyboard into laptop and external monitor turned solid green

Plugged USB keyboard into laptop and external monitor turned solid green: Hello, Some back ground. I am using a “boot camp” installation of Win10Pro on an Apple MacBook Pro A1398. Connected two brand new Dell 27” U2718Q. Using Mini DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI (Thunderbolt 2 Compatible) cables. Laptop has two Thunderbolt 2 video outputs. Both...