Windows 10: How do I turn on "System protection"?

Discus and support How do I turn on "System protection"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the control panel it shows that I have all the important things in the Security panel with green checkmarks, nothing to do... [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Domain Hostmaster, May 19, 2020.

1. How do I turn on "System protection"?

In the control panel it shows that I have all the important things in the Security panel with green checkmarks, nothing to do...

How do I turn on "System protection"? 9a4a4da3-d7df-49ba-87b9-4ebab8549459?upload=true.png

Unfortunately, I can't access my restore points. I am in Windows Pro 64 bit on a 2.5 GHz 2018 Dell i5 laptop Inspiron 5577 Gaming...

How do I turn on "System protection"? b149d078-9760-4655-873a-2bb8c007752a?upload=true.png

So, my question is simple. I want to be able to access all of my restore points because I have been having big issues with the latest Windows Updates as of the Updates I received in March. I need to stop this silliness and the stupid crashes. This NEVER happened before those March Updates that actually were released in February.

I have saved all sorts of restore points and I cannot access a single one.

So how do I turn-on "system protection" when it isn't even an option, or is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit just plain broken from now on? If so, I will have to take drastic measures. I should not need to do so. The system was 100% fine before that last Windows Update and because of that experience I am denying every Windows Update that I can.

Really, this is not a professional operating system, Microsoft. My next computer will not be a Windows machine, I am tired of this.

:)

Domain Hostmaster, May 19, 2020

2. System Protection Recovery

Windows 10

1. Step 1: Right-click the lower-left corner and open System in the Quick Access Menu.
    2. Step 2: Choose System protection on the left.
    3. Step 3: Select a hard disk and tap Configure to move on.
    4. Step 4: Choose Turn on system protection and hit OK.
    5. Step 3: Select Disable system protection and hit OK.

HelpingHands1, May 19, 2020
  3. Windows10 System Protection Cannot Be Turned On

Hi,

The problem always happens after the device is updated to Windows 10. The Turn on system protection is greyed out while you are able to access the System Restore panel. If you find that system restore for the Windows drive is turned off and disable, try
    any of the possible solution.

Note: Make sure you have signed in as an administrator.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Enable System Restore.

Enabling the Disabled System Restore:

• Type GPEDIT.MSC in your Start Search box. This will list the app which allows to edit group policies.

• Now follow this path Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> System Restore.

• Look for a setting which says “Turn Off System Restore”. This is not configured by default.

• Double click it and select “Disabled”

• Click OK.

Hope this information helps. Get back to us with the status of your issue we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, May 19, 2020
  4. How do I turn on "System protection"?

Windows10 System Protection Cannot Be Turned On

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know in which drive the Anti-virus program is installed?

I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus program and check if you are able to enable the system protection. This is to check if the anti-virus is conflicting with the issue.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

You can also try the below steps to enable the system protection and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

• Click on System and click System protection on the left pane.

• Highlight the drive you want to set up system protection on and click Configure.

• Select Turn on system protection.

• Move the slider to set the amount of Max Usage: space. More space allows you to create more restore points.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 19, 2020
Thema:

How do I turn on "System protection"?

1. How do I turn on "System protection"? - Similar Threads - turn System protection

2. How to turn on turn on System Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on turn on System Protection: I am running Windows 10 Home Edition, I could not action Windows Restore so I did a Reset on my PC, I am trying to turn on System Protection so I can do a Restore Point but it is grayed out & I can not turn it on, can someone please tell me how to turn it on. I can not access...
  3. How to turn on turn on System Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on turn on System Protection: I am running Windows 10 Home Edition, I could not action Windows Restore so I did a Reset on my PC, I am trying to turn on System Protection so I can do a Restore Point but it is grayed out & I can not turn it on, can someone please tell me how to turn it on. I can not access...
  4. How to turn on turn on System Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I Turn On Local Security Authority Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Turn On Local Security Authority Protection: I just purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio and I continue to receive a message under device protection as off and computer may be vulnerable. How can I turn this feature on?Thanks...
  6. how do i turn on microsoft antivirius and malware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i turn on microsoft antivirius and malware protection: how do i turn on microsoft anti virus and malware protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-microsoft-antivirius-and-malware/6ae9e2c5-6173-48b2-9146-c9101099b28b
  7. How do i turn off Reset Protection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i turn off Reset Protection?: I have a useless Microsoft accounts i want to close, what is Reset Protection and how do i turn it off on Pc? submitted by /u/UnluckyGamer505 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdvke3/how_do_i_turn_off_reset_protection/
  8. Do I need to turn on System Protection for restore point?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need to turn on System Protection for restore point?: I use clone image to restore windows and would like to know on whether I need to set restore point for system protection or not. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  9. System protection always turns on

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System protection always turns on: Whenever I turn if off, it is turned on after several days, and the mac usage will become 100%. I am running low of SSD storage. How to keep it disabled?*cry 112861
  10. System Protection Turned Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection Turned Off: After the upgrade from 8.1 pro to 10, i noticed system protection was turned off. I went ahead and turned it back on and moved the slider back to ten percent. Any reason why the upgrade turned it off? Any reason not to turn it on? Thanks, Mike 9926