Windows 10: How do I turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I have tried all the published fixes to no avail.

Discus and support How do I turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I have tried all the published fixes to no avail. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The on/off toggle will not go to the ''on'' position.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelMcCrae, May 28, 2021.

1. How do I turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I have tried all the published fixes to no avail.

The on/off toggle will not go to the ''on'' position.

:)

MichaelMcCrae, May 28, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Hello, *Smile

If you are wanting to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus, then you could use an option in the updated tutorial below. Be sure to turn off Tamper Protection first in step 1.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Brink, May 28, 2021
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows defender is not turning on

Try a couple of restarts. If it doesn’t clear up turn off the computer for a while (15, 20, 30 minutes, whatever) and then restart the computer. That fixed a similar glitch for me back in April which occurred after the “patch Tuesday” updates
    were released.

If the issue continues you may want to try all of the steps listed in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    and/or see https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...fender-real-time-protection-windows-10-a.html

But - if you can’t fix it, suggest install a third party antivirus program (which should disable Windows Defender).

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Consumer antivirus software providers for Windows

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, May 28, 2021
  4. jarome Win User

How do I turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I have tried all the published fixes to no avail.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender in Windows 10  

I have tried all the suggestions, but to no avail. I had Bitdefender installed, but removed it using Revo Uninstaller Pro. And have rebooted many times. In build 14986, Windows Defender turns on for about 10 seconds, but then turns off, saying that antivirus is handled by another product.
    How do I turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I have tried all the published fixes to no avail. [​IMG]

This happens on 3 different machines!

jarome, May 28, 2021
Thema:

How do I turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I have tried all the published fixes to no avail.

1. How do I turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I have tried all the published fixes to no avail. - Similar Threads - turn Defender Antivirus

2. How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?: How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection? mean real time protection & tamper protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-defender-antivirus/bdf21108-9367-4166-858b-c2e5931d23e9
  3. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I know by now, that gpedit does not work. What I have found is that third party software antivirus can disable Microsoft Defender using its API.I need to disable it without the obligation to run third party software.Right now, the only to pieces of software that is malware on...
  4. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I know by now, that gpedit does not work. What I have found is that third party software antivirus can disable Microsoft Defender using its API.I need to disable it without the obligation to run third party software.Right now, the only to pieces of software that is malware on...
  5. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My Microsoft Defender Antivirus is off and I can't turn it on. How do I turn it back on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Microsoft Defender Antivirus is off and I can't turn it on. How do I turn it back on?: Hello, I have a Lenovo PC and I have installed Windows 10. I checked the Windows Security application to see the status of my PC and I see that the virus and threat protection is "managed by organisation". When I clicked the virus and threat protection for further details, it...
  7. How do I turn on Windows Defender??

How do I turn on Windows Defender??: I just realised that Windows Defender is turned off for some reason. I don't know when it turned off because when I installed Windows 11 it was working fine.Windows Security is blank: The service for it is also stopped and cannot be started.Whenever I try to click Windows...
  8. "microsoft defender antivirus is turned off" and my computer is 'vulnerable'. HOW DO I TURN...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "microsoft defender antivirus is turned off" and my computer is 'vulnerable'. HOW DO I TURN...: I KEEP GETTING A POP UP ON MY SCREEEN SAYING I NEED TO 'RENEW' MY "ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION" FOR XX AMOUNT OF MONEY. I WAS THINKING MY COMPUTER CAME WITH 'SECURITY AND ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION'. COME TO FIND OUT IT DOES BUT IS TURNED OFF AND NOW MY COMPUTER IS "VULNERABLE". HOW DO...
  9. how do i turn on windows defender antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn on windows defender antivirus: I cant turn on windows defender antivirus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-defender-antivirus/f16f7851-b3b9-4639-8f1e-3c9f13f299ad
  10. I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.: I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I entered the "Windows Key + R" (run program) keyboard shortcut. I entered "control" and pressed "Enter". I clicked on "System and Security". Then I clicked on "Security and maintenance". In the "Security and Maintenance" window,...