Windows 10: How do I turn on Windows Defender in Windows 11

Discus and support How do I turn on Windows Defender in Windows 11 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have uninstalled McAfee and am not able to successfully activate Windows Defender on Windows 11.The how to YouTube videos are not helpful.I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dougYG, Jun 17, 2022.

1. dougYG Win User

How do I turn on Windows Defender in Windows 11

I have uninstalled McAfee and am not able to successfully activate Windows Defender on Windows 11.The how to YouTube videos are not helpful.I don't think I need to pay for an additional service because my understanding is that Windows Defenderprovide ample protection. Can someone help me?

:)

dougYG, Jun 17, 2022

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Jun 17, 2022
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jun 17, 2022
  4. How do I turn on Windows Defender in Windows 11

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

How do I turn on Windows Defender in Windows 11

1. How do I turn on Windows Defender in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - turn Defender

2. how to turn on windows 10 defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn on windows 10 defender?: Microsoft safety scanner partially removed TrojanDropper : win32/Brresmon and trojandropper : win32/credentialaccess!rfn afterwards i reset pc erase everything fully clean the drive... i still can't turn on settings from virus and threat protection....it says " This setting...
  3. how to turn on windows 10 defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn on windows 10 defender?: Microsoft safety scanner partially removed TrojanDropper : win32/Brresmon and trojandropper : win32/credentialaccess!rfn afterwards i reset pc erase everything fully clean the drive... i still can't turn on settings from virus and threat protection....it says " This setting...
  4. how to turn on windows 10 defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on: Hi, last night right after the update windows 11 23H2 OS build version: 22631.3447Windows defender stopped working once and after that i am greated with: title:Page not available,description:Your IT adminitrastor me has limited access to somes areas of this app, and the item...
  6. Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on

Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on: Hi, last night right after the update windows 11 23H2 OS build version: 22631.3447Windows defender stopped working once and after that i am greated with: title:Page not available,description:Your IT adminitrastor me has limited access to somes areas of this app, and the item...
  7. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone: Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-privacy-protection-on-ms-defender/eb14a286-90d5-47f7-bdfb-9aa6a5e7508f
  8. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone: Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-privacy-protection-on-ms-defender/eb14a286-90d5-47f7-bdfb-9aa6a5e7508f
  9. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...