Windows 10: How do I turn this Snapping Template off?

Discus and support How do I turn this Snapping Template off? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've just reset my laptop back to Factory Setting, reinstalled Window 10 and updated to Version 1809. I thought I had found the setting to turn this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PteJack, Jan 14, 2019.

1. PteJack Win User

How do I turn this Snapping Template off?

I've just reset my laptop back to Factory Setting, reinstalled Window 10 and updated to Version 1809.

I thought I had found the setting to turn this darn thing off, but NOPE!!!

How do I turn this Snapping Template off? fc559891-0a46-4d2d-bf56-b24512faed92?upload=true.png

Can someone tell me where I have to go to turn off this snapping template? I've tried turning off all snapping features but that didn't work.

:)

PteJack, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jan 14, 2019
  3. How to turn the Snap feature Off in Windows 10?

Hi William,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few question regarding the query:

• Do you mean Snap feature in Windows?
    • Are you facing any issues regarding the feature?

To turn off the Snap feature in Windows, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Click on System and select Multitasking option from the left side panel of the window.
    • Under Snap, slide the Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen to
      Off status.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 14, 2019
  4. LouciMax Win User

turn off snap

How to turn off the snap - Aero snap - feature and remove the annoying grid.

LouciMax, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I turn this Snapping Template off? - Similar Threads - turn Snapping Template

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How to turn off SNAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off SNAP: I was trying to use Snap or Snip and Sketch. Now when I open a screen the right side is off the edge of my small monitor and I can't read the border, or close, or access the new right side tab. Please tell me how to undo this application that I think allows me to use multiple...
  4. How to turn off SNAP

How to turn off SNAP: I was trying to use Snap or Snip and Sketch. Now when I open a screen the right side is off the edge of my small monitor and I can't read the border, or close, or access the new right side tab. Please tell me how to undo this application that I think allows me to use multiple...
  5. snap windows cannot turn off

snap windows cannot turn off: each time i take a doc t the top of my windows desktop , i get a blue column and the docs horizontal with is reduced in size. I have turned of multitasking > snap windows but to no avail.Any sugestions on how to get rid of this annoyance?...
  6. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  7. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  8. How do I turn this off?

9. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  10. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...