Windows 10: How do I "turn WiFi on, on desktop computer, win 10

Discus and support How do I "turn WiFi on, on desktop computer, win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I turn WiFi on, on desktop computer???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Juanita McFarland, Dec 21, 2019.

1. How do I "turn WiFi on, on desktop computer, win 10

How do I turn WiFi on, on desktop computer???

:)

Juanita McFarland, Dec 21, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 21, 2019
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Dec 21, 2019
  4. adoornik Win User

How do I "turn WiFi on, on desktop computer, win 10

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I "turn WiFi on, on desktop computer, win 10

1. How do I "turn WiFi on, on desktop computer, win 10 - Similar Threads - turn WiFi desktop

2. How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?: I previously worked at a company and they told me to keep the computer. I didn't try using it for a long time and now I can't log into the computer since they removed my access to the account.When I log into the computer it now says "welcome to work" and tries to have me log...
  3. How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?: I previously worked at a company and they told me to keep the computer. I didn't try using it for a long time and now I can't log into the computer since they removed my access to the account.When I log into the computer it now says "welcome to work" and tries to have me log...
  4. how do I turn on wifi capability?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I turn on wifi capability?: I removed a working wifi card and replaced it with ,what I believed,to be a better card. I could not turn wifi capability on with the latter card. I put back in the previous card and now I cannot get wifi on it either. I took it to computer shop and was told there maybe a bad...
  5. how do I turn on wifi capability?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I turn on wifi capability?: I removed a working wifi card and replaced it with ,what I believed,to be a better card. I could not turn wifi capability on with the latter card. I put back in the previous card and now I cannot get wifi on it either. I took it to computer shop and was told there maybe a bad...
  6. how do I turn on wifi capability?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. how do I turn on Miracast on my windows 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I turn on Miracast on my windows 10 desktop?: I want to watch video from my desktop windows 10 on my LG OLED C9 smart TV. How do I activate Miracast? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-miracast-on-my-windows-10-desktop/0223cd83-269f-446c-ac49-b4ad8523a345
  8. how do I turn on insiders program on WIN 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I turn on insiders program on WIN 10 Home: how do I turn on insiders program on WIN 10 Home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-insiders-program-on-win-10-home/edd9c706-86d2-44b9-8cfb-622761943867
  9. How do I turn off automatic updates in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I turn off automatic updates in Win 10?: I would really like to know how to turn off Win 10 updates as this has cause some issues with my systems in the recent past. If i can't turn them off how do i set them to where I have to go in and check for updates myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 70756
  10. How do I Turn Off Win 10 Notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Turn Off Win 10 Notifications?: Hey! How can I disable the notifications I keep getting (and persistently showing on up my Desktop)? [img] I, myself, am pretty thorough and I really don't need these 'reminders' - whether for email or news or app updates, etc. Can't I just disable this feature...