Windows 10: How do I type to Cortana?

Discus and support How do I type to Cortana? in Cortana to solve the problem; Last night I got a Windows Update. Before that, when I brought up Cortana, she wanted me to type to her. I could click on something that let me talk... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Rexkix, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Rexkix Win User

How do I type to Cortana?

Last night I got a Windows Update. Before that, when I brought up Cortana, she wanted me to type to her. I could click on something that let me talk to her. Now she wants me to talk to her. She also gives me an annoying "beep beep" sound. If I click on the left side on an icon, I can type to her again.

Is there any way to make it so I can type to her as a default again?

:)

Rexkix, Sep 25, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

How do I type to Cortana? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Sep 25, 2019
  4. How do I type to Cortana?

Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

How do I type to Cortana?

1. How do I type to Cortana? - Similar Threads - type Cortana

2. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store. I also cannot type into the dialog box...
  3. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Cortana
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store.Here are all of the "solutions" I have tried...
  4. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store.Here are all of the "solutions" I have tried...
  5. Brand New Aspire Windows 10, can't get past Cortana set-up, keyboard won't type.

Brand New Aspire Windows 10, can't get past Cortana set-up, keyboard won't type.: I bought a BRAND NEW Acer Aspire 3 A315-21-93EY and everything looked perfect, everything sealed, but it won't type. The Cortana voice walks you thru the set-up with the blue screen I've done this a zillion times with new laptops, not hard but I'm dead in the water after...
  6. Brand New Aspire Windows 10, can't get past Cortana set-up, keyboard won't type.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Brand New Aspire Windows 10, can't get past Cortana set-up, keyboard won't type.: I bought a BRAND NEW Acer Aspire 3 A315-21-93EY and everything looked perfect, everything sealed, but it won't type. The Cortana voice walks you thru the set-up with the blue screen I've done this a zillion times with new laptops, not hard but I'm dead in the water after...
  7. Brand New Aspire Windows 10, can't get past Cortana set-up, keyboard won't type.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Cannot type anything in the Cortana Search window or the File Explorer search window.

Cannot type anything in the Cortana Search window or the File Explorer search window.: I cannot type anything in the Taskbar Search window or the File Explorer search window. I did a google search and apparently it is a long running problem in Windows 10 going back years. I tried all the solutions I found, including solutions in Microsoft Support, short of...
  9. Cannot type anything in the Cortana Search window or the File Explorer search window.

in Cortana
    Cannot type anything in the Cortana Search window or the File Explorer search window.: I cannot type anything in the Taskbar Search window or the File Explorer search window. I did a google search and apparently it is a long running problem in Windows 10 going back years. I tried all the solutions I found, including solutions in Microsoft Support, short of...
  10. Cannot type anything in the Cortana Search window or the File Explorer search window.

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chat with cortana by typing

2. type cortana commands instead of speaking

3. ask cortana by typing

4. how to type with cortana,
  5. how to type to cortana,
  6. type to cortana,
  7. cortana text only,
  8. cortana text box,
  9. hi cortana chat,
  10. Type 2 cortina instead of speak,
  11. write to cortana instead of talk,