Windows 10: HOW DO I TYPE WHILE USING TOUCHPAD MICROSOFT DRIVERS, NOT SYNAPTICS OR ELAN

Discus and support HOW DO I TYPE WHILE USING TOUCHPAD MICROSOFT DRIVERS, NOT SYNAPTICS OR ELAN in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I can't use my touchpad while typing on my new laptop MSI gf63, and unlike my last laptop it does not have synaptics drivers nor elantech, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HS123321, Jun 22, 2020.

1. HS123321 Win User

HOW DO I TYPE WHILE USING TOUCHPAD MICROSOFT DRIVERS, NOT SYNAPTICS OR ELAN

Hello, I can't use my touchpad while typing on my new laptop MSI gf63, and unlike my last laptop it does not have synaptics drivers nor elantech, but seemingly microsoft drivers precision touchpad. How do i fix this? When I open the mouse settings i get a window that isnt similar to the ones with synaptics drivers in which there is an advanced tab to turn this function off. screenshots can be provided if needed.

:)

HS123321, Jun 22, 2020

2. Windows update Installing ELAN drivers insted of synaptics

I have a Notebook Acer E1-510 with Windows 10 Fall Update.

from the first day of windows 10 10240 I'm experiencing an issue that windows update replace my Synaptic touchpad driver with ELAN, I'm not sure how / why is happening!!

While the synaptic driver was installed the touchpad had been working normally with multi touch / scroll ect. while after the windows update (ELAN) the touchpad just can be used to move the cursor.

what is the issue?

don't throw me these words > update driver / get driver from acer support / clean install / check synaptic website for driver / ect. i have tried & tired of those ...

Anand ஆனந்த், Jun 22, 2020
  3. Files related to Elan Touchpad driver

Two weeks ago, I was facing BSOD error: Driver State Power Failure on my laptop.
    I was told to update all of my drivers from Lenovo's website.

Under Mouse, Pen and Keyboard drivers I was supposed to download and install Synaptics Touchpad Driver, but I installed both Synaptics Touchpad Driver and Elan Touchpad driver (At the time, I did not know which one I was supposed to install).

Later, I deleted C:\drivers\elantech\ thinking it was of no use.

Today, I noticed a process named ETDService.exe in the task manager. I googled and found out that it's related to Elan Touchpad Driver.

I right-clicked on the process> open file location and I found the following files in C:\Windows\System32:

1. ETDApix.dll (497kb)
    2. ETDCtrlHelper.exe (390kb)
    3. ETDFavorite.dll (460kb)
    4. ETDService.exe (243kb)

All are related to Elan Touchpad driver, but weren't they supposed to be in C:\drivers\elantech\ (which I deleted) or C:\Program Files\elantech\ (I don't have this folder)?

Is this malware/trojan? Should I delete them from system32 or am I just being paranoid?

Matthew Holliday, Jun 22, 2020
  4. HOW DO I TYPE WHILE USING TOUCHPAD MICROSOFT DRIVERS, NOT SYNAPTICS OR ELAN

Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus ClickPad - Error 0x800f0248

Hi,

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptic Touchpad
    drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptic Touchpad drivers from the device manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptic touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the Touch Pad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

HOW DO I TYPE WHILE USING TOUCHPAD MICROSOFT DRIVERS, NOT SYNAPTICS OR ELAN

1. HOW DO I TYPE WHILE USING TOUCHPAD MICROSOFT DRIVERS, NOT SYNAPTICS OR ELAN - Similar Threads - TYPE WHILE USING

2. Synaptics Touchpad Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics Touchpad Drivers: First I had a Synaptics touchpad driver version 10.0something like that, scrolling with one fingervertical was working. But when I updated drivers to 19.0.12.98, both scrolling functionstwo-finger and one finger did not work. I have checked Synaptics' website and they don't...
  3. Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing.

Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing.: Hello, Below are the details on my device: Model: Lenovo Yoga 710-15lKB Signature Edition Synaptics Driver Version: 19.5.10.150 Windows 10 Version and Build: Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.685 I am having issues using my touchpad and keyboard simultaneously....
  4. ELAN Touchpad driver problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ELAN Touchpad driver problem: Hi all! ASUS ROG G751JT - win10 At first I thought is malware or a hardware problem... I need to stop ELAN Touchpad driver getting installed after every restart. I don't want to turn off the updates in Windows... With the driver installed the touchpad works but is only...
  5. Synaptics touchpad driver

Synaptics touchpad driver: Why can't I disable my touchpad? Every answer I get on Bing or Google is wrong. The "disable" button for the Synaptics touchpad driver is itself disabled. I have tried uninstalling the driver but it is still there after restart. I suppose I can walk around with duct tape on...
  6. Synaptics Touchpad Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synaptics Touchpad Drivers: Hey guys. I've really been annoyed lately by the 'feature' my laptop (HP) has where it delays the use of the touchpad after typing. I found solutions on reddit from years ago, but they involve installing new drivers, which I can't find? Nowhere on the synaptics website can I...
  7. How do I stop unrequired Synaptics touchpad driver reloading?

How do I stop unrequired Synaptics touchpad driver reloading?: Hello, my Lenovo 330S Win10 laptop occasionally misinterprets a right click for a left click so I decided to reload the driver. In Device Manager the Touchpad is listed under HID - compliant touchpad (no driver files are required or have been loaded for this device) before...
  8. Cannot use my left click while typing (Synaptics driver)

Cannot use my left click while typing (Synaptics driver): Hi, When I press a key, I can not use my left click at the same time, and I need to wait like 0,5s after releasing the key to be able to use the left click. I guess it's some feature from Synaptics touchpad drivers. Unfortunately I do not have the Synaptics Control...
  9. How to enable use of the touchpad while typing

How to enable use of the touchpad while typing: On my Dell Alienware m14x it seems that I can not find a way to disable the feature that enables a delay between the time you can click or move on the touchpad to when you can press a key. Meaning, if I quickly stop typing and attempt to move my touchpad, I must wait a couple...
  10. elan touchpad driver update

elan touchpad driver update: Been reading here and using win 10 from the outset. On latest build, updated this morning. This Elan touchpad driver keeps coming in through windows update and it just screws up my touchpad more than anything. When it loads up I can no longer use right or left click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wich driver version of elan touchpad work on window 10 10240