Windows 10: How do I un-sync my weather widget location?

Discus and support How do I un-sync my weather widget location? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two PCs: a desktop, that stays at home, and a laptop, that I often bring with me in different city.I would like them to keep the location I give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LudovicoF, Jul 8, 2021.

1. LudovicoF Win User

How do I un-sync my weather widget location?

I have two PCs: a desktop, that stays at home, and a laptop, that I often bring with me in different city.I would like them to keep the location I give them on the weather widget my home to my desktop and the city I travel to the laptop but they keep syncing on the same city and I always have to change it manually,Is there a way to select two different cities?

:)

LudovicoF, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Mick_H1 Win User

Foreca Weather Widget

What that is actually telling you is that the widget is already on one of the destops, that's why it's not in the widget list.

Do you have any other large widgets on any of the desktops, like email, Facebook or location?

If so try moving those around to see if Foreca Weather has gone behind one of those.

If it's not there then something has gone tango uniform and you may need to kill the Foreca Weather Widget process (I think it can be done via X-Term, but I'm not sure whet the command is) and then see if you can reinstate it on the desktop.

Mick_H1, Jul 8, 2021
  3. usan14 Win User
    Foreca Weather Widget

Yeah I know this How do I un-sync my weather widget location? :) obviously I have to add widget not shortcut but I can not see Foreca Weather in the widget list, it just shown in the shortcuts list.

usan14, Jul 8, 2021
  4. How do I un-sync my weather widget location?

808 weather widget - latest forecast not available for any location in India

Hi Musica,

Thanks for the response. Weather guide from the maps application works. It detects Banglore location and shows the weather as well as the forecast.. But when I try it throught the widget or the weather app (with the weather guide open in the backgroud),
    I still get the same error message. Looks like it is something to do with the weather app/widget and strangely only for INDIA.

The map version is 3.09 12wk09 b05 - Map version 0.2.49.104

Thanks

VishweshNarasimhan, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

How do I un-sync my weather widget location?

1. How do I un-sync my weather widget location? - Similar Threads - sync weather widget

2. How do I remove a location on weather?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove a location on weather?: I have opened the weather options and clicked Manage Locations. I have added my new location, and chosen it as my primary location. My previous location still has a black arrow next to it and I cannot remove it. How do I remove it?...
  3. How do I remove a location on weather?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a location on weather?: I have opened the weather options and clicked Manage Locations. I have added my new location, and chosen it as my primary location. My previous location still has a black arrow next to it and I cannot remove it. How do I remove it?...
  4. How do I remove a location on weather?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to fix W11 weather widget detecting wrong location?

How to fix W11 weather widget detecting wrong location?: I am running W11 Pro 21H2 on my desktop pc. Recently, the weather widget has started to display the weather from the wrong location. It appears it thinks I am located in Athens Texas, when I am atually located in Seminole, FL. I tried to delete the Athens TX location in the...
  6. The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.: All weather services except Weather Underground are inaccurate for my location, off by as much as 10 degrees F, as well as inaccurate for other weather events such as cloudiness, precipitation, etc.. Zip code, city, etc. are bad information to rely on, as is the IP address...
  7. The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.

The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.: All weather services except Weather Underground are inaccurate for my location, off by as much as 10 degrees F, as well as inaccurate for other weather events such as cloudiness, precipitation, etc.. Zip code, city, etc. are bad information to rely on, as is the IP address...
  8. Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget: I bought a Framework laptop and updated to Windows 11 a few weeks ago. I noticed the new weather section of the taskbar - and noticed that it's always wrong, showing the weather for some other, unknown location.After looking up information online I updated the location for...
  9. Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget

Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget: I bought a Framework laptop and updated to Windows 11 a few weeks ago. I noticed the new weather section of the taskbar - and noticed that it's always wrong, showing the weather for some other, unknown location.After looking up information online I updated the location for...
  10. weather "widget" on task bar - wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    weather "widget" on task bar - wrong location: Hello,With the most recent update to Windows 10, it has installed a weather "widget" on the task bar - displaying the temperature and weather information.But it has my location as a town several hundred kilometres away from my location, and no way of changing it....