Windows 10: How do I uncap download speeds?

Discus and support How do I uncap download speeds? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have had this issue for a very long time and I was just never sure how to fix it. After running speed tests I get about 90mbps download and 19mbps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeshurun Brito, Apr 21, 2024.

1. How do I uncap download speeds?

So I have had this issue for a very long time and I was just never sure how to fix it. After running speed tests I get about 90mbps download and 19mbps upload. But Whenever I download anything I only get about 10mbps download. I am pretty sure its not my router, pc or cable. I am pretty sure I got a Cat6 round ethernet cable when I last went to microcenter a few days ago. I just got a brand new pc too. Predator Orion 7000, also from microcenter. I got a new router installed about 2 months ago with this little box that allows me to section out different wifi networks. Steam says it is downloadi

:)

Jeshurun Brito, Apr 21, 2024

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

• The latest update I have showing is "2018-02 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64 based system KB4074588"
    • I've tried all the below steps suggested by Eeshwar Kumar in this link: Redirecting
    • And also all by Jane La in the below: Redirecting

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Sasqui Win User

How do I uncap download speeds?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

How do I uncap download speeds?

1. How do I uncap download speeds? - Similar Threads - uncap download speeds

2. How do I uncap download speeds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uncap download speeds?: So I have had this issue for a very long time and I was just never sure how to fix it. After running speed tests I get about 90mbps download and 19mbps upload. But Whenever I download anything I only get about 10mbps download. I am pretty sure its not my router, pc or cable....
  3. How do I fix my download speed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix my download speed?: I have this wierd issue where my download speed for a lot of things is below 1MB/s and I have no idea why. I know the browser is not the cause as I have tried with multiple, I know it's not my ad blocker because it happens on other applications, I know it's not my router as I...
  4. How do I fix my download speed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my download speed?: I have this wierd issue where my download speed for a lot of things is below 1MB/s and I have no idea why. I know the browser is not the cause as I have tried with multiple, I know it's not my ad blocker because it happens on other applications, I know it's not my router as I...
  5. How do I fix my download speed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how do i speed my pc ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i speed my pc ?: how do i speed my pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-speed-my-pc/3fd14197-40b1-4527-b162-a8e0752db5eb
  7. Microsoft Edge download speed is slow; How to speed up downloads?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge download speed is slow; How to speed up downloads?: [ATTACH]Ever since Microsoft has released Microsoft Edge, it has been one of the best browsers in every aspect. It is also a Chromium-based web browser, that is well-known for its speeds. However. some users are experiencing a slow download speed on Edge. We have a few fixes...
  8. Download speed on PC is so much slower than Xbox One Download speed, how do I improve?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speed on PC is so much slower than Xbox One Download speed, how do I improve?: So on my Xbox One S, my download speed varies from 60Mb/s to 150Mb/s, but my PC only downloads at 2Mb/s to 5Mb/s. I'm confused, how to I increase my PC's download speed without purchasing something?...
  9. How to uncap/increase windows sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to uncap/increase windows sound?: You know how in VLC media player, you can increase the sound up to ''200%''? How can I uncap windows ''allowed'' sound to same levels? Watched a video, an on 200% VLC its definitely louder, than regular max volume on youtube or any other system/app sound. Besides using...
  10. Download Caps at 11-12 MB/s How do I uncap it’s?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download Caps at 11-12 MB/s How do I uncap it’s?: I have a B450 Tomahawk Max, I don’t know if it’s possible to uncap it but please help! submitted by /u/JamesCastillo07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h99wln/download_caps_at_1112_mbs_how_do_i_uncap_its/