Windows 10: How do I undo a prompt?

Discus and support How do I undo a prompt? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When working with several windows open, I received a prompt to "speed up my computer" and clicked on it. It did speed things up, but now I cannot save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveEdwards46, Dec 10, 2021.

1. How do I undo a prompt?

When working with several windows open, I received a prompt to "speed up my computer" and clicked on it. It did speed things up, but now I cannot save any Word Docs. How do I undo this prompt? Thanks

:)

SteveEdwards46, Dec 10, 2021
  2. AndreTen Win User

Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt

Most of the Windows defender settings are easy configurable by commands in powershell
    Start powershell by clicking on Start and type powershell, click on it to run
    type
    You'll get a list like the one below. You can change any of it by typing (example for PUAprotection:

Check my list and set it to fix your changes (names in reg entries are the same)
    Another option is to download app named ConfigureDefender which has Defaults to restore

How do I undo a prompt? [​IMG]

AndreTen, Dec 10, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. cadaveca Win User

How do I undo a prompt?

Subsystem ID mismatch

Run atiwinflash from the DOS prompt in Windows. Follow the steps listed in the HD6950 mod article for DOS flashing.

cadaveca, Dec 10, 2021
Thema:

How do I undo a prompt?

1. How do I undo a prompt? - Similar Threads - undo prompt

2. how can I undo the latest update that windows 10 is pretending it didn't do but it clearly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I undo the latest update that windows 10 is pretending it didn't do but it clearly...: in the images below you can clearly see updates from the last two days but the 'go back to previous version of windows 10' option is greyed out. Of course when I try to uninstall these updates manually it just reinstalls. I don't know if that's causing the problem with my...
  3. how can I undo the latest update that windows 10 is pretending it didn't do but it clearly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I undo the latest update that windows 10 is pretending it didn't do but it clearly...: in the images below you can clearly see updates from the last two days but the 'go back to previous version of windows 10' option is greyed out. Of course when I try to uninstall these updates manually it just reinstalls. I don't know if that's causing the problem with my...
  4. Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt: I thought that this would help the issue I was having. It did not it only made it worse. I fixed the main issue I was having but now I lost all my administrative rights to my computer on this account. So I was wondering if there's another cmd command like this secedit...
  5. Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt

Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt: I thought that this would help the issue I was having. It did not it only made it worse. I fixed the main issue I was having but now I lost all my administrative rights to my computer on this account. So I was wondering if there's another cmd command like this secedit...
  6. Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?: Hello Microsoft community,I have a big problem in my Windows 10 Pro, I wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt idk How to write in english and when I try tô do any actions that restart the notebook or turn It of, the spinning thing doesnt appear and It never...
  8. How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?

How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?: Hello Microsoft community,I have a big problem in my Windows 10 Pro, I wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt idk How to write in english and when I try tô do any actions that restart the notebook or turn It of, the spinning thing doesnt appear and It never...
  9. How do I undo a prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I undo a prompt?: When working with several windows open, I received a prompt to "speed up my computer" and clicked on it. It did speed things up, but now I cannot save any Word Docs. How do I undo this prompt? Thanks...
  10. Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt: Hello everyone. I was talking with PC Matic tech support who were trying to troubleshoot a problem I was having. They had me run some commands that totally crippled Windows Defender. It did not fix the problem and now they are not being helpful in assisting me to undo these...