Windows 10: How do I undo "always open with ______"

Discus and support How do I undo "always open with ______" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack W.., Mar 18, 2023.

1. Jack W.. Win User

How do I undo "always open with ______"

So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?

:)

Jack W.., Mar 18, 2023
  2. Kevin_KK Win User

How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

I accidentally click "always open with" a particular application on a BibTeX file and now the icons of all such files change to the icon of that app and I cannot find a way to undo the operation. In fact, I want Windows to always ask me how to open
    a BibTeX file
    instead of sticking to a specific program. Thanks for any suggestions!

Here I found some related posts but none of them seem to solve my problem:

Here are what I've tried, but none of them works:

• Execute "assoc .bib= && assoc .bibtex=" in cmd.exe as Administrator.
      Nothing happens.
    • In Settings under "choose default apps by file type", remove the default app at ".bib" entry.
      However, there's no such entry.

Kevin_KK, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I undo "always open with ______" :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 18, 2023
  4. How do I undo "always open with ______"

Undo option in File Explorer

Hi Helena,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.

• Click on the drop down of Customize Quick Access Toolbar beside
      File Explorer.

• Click on Undo.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

How do I undo "always open with ______"

1. How do I undo "always open with ______" - Similar Threads - undo always open

2. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I undo "always open with ______": So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?...
  3. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I undo "always open with ______": So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?...
  4. Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.: I had an Epub file, I opened it and I accidentally opened it with notepad, I have spent around an hour looking up how to undo this so that I may be able to view the epub file with a much more suitable form of software....
  5. Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.: I had an Epub file, I opened it and I accidentally opened it with notepad, I have spent around an hour looking up how to undo this so that I may be able to view the epub file with a much more suitable form of software....
  6. Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to undo "Always open with" option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to undo "Always open with" option in Windows 10: Can someone help me with this because I can't use any apps which I changed this way. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-undo-always-open-with-option-in-windows-10/6df77bb4-481a-4e31-89b5-2b112cefa74c
  8. How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10?: How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10? I cannot seem to do it in "Choose default applications by file type" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-undo-always-open-with-for-jnlp-files-for/36181a23-6349-49b7-9fb0-9d9bbc7ae495
  9. How do I Undo "always open file with"

How do I Undo "always open file with": I have a problem. I have been using sims 4 mods, which uses .package files that need to be downloaded, copied, then moved into a different folder. I am familiar with downloading these, but I clicked an option I thought would make it easier. When I downloaded that file, I...
  10. How To Undo "Always Open With" On Windows 10 (ASUS X555Q)

How To Undo "Always Open With" On Windows 10 (ASUS X555Q): I was going to try opening a jsxbin file with Adobe After Effects, but I accidentally checked the "Always Open With" box. So now, when I click the file, it always goes to After Effects. But the Adobe After Effects keeps saying that it's an unsupported filetype. I tried to...