Windows 10: How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10?

Discus and support How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10? I cannot seem to do it in "Choose default applications by file type"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by V1KHER, Dec 5, 2020.

1. V1KHER Win User

How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10?

How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10? I cannot seem to do it in "Choose default applications by file type"

:)

V1KHER, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Jnlp file cannot be opened from edge browser

Hi,

Recently I have observed one weird issue with JNLP file that it cannot be opened with edge browser whereas other browser can able to open it in the same system. however when I download the jnlp file from browser and run it opens fine.

Complete scenario is I have deployed more than 10 VM in MS azure, and in few PC JNLP can be opened but in few cannot.

I have checked all the default file opening settings, and other troubleshooting steps but nothing helped. even tried to install the java version and matched the java version from where it could open is also same.

Any idea to resolve this is appreciated.

Regards,

Anurag Dubey

Anurag Dubey_1812, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

How do I associate .jnlp file with non Microsoft programs?

Hi Blueforus,

A default program is the program that Windows uses when you open a particular type of file, such as a music file, an image, or a webpage. To associate a .JNLP file with a non Microsoft program, you can follow the steps below:

• Hold the Shift key and press right-click on a .JNLP file.
    • Select Open with > Choose
      another app.
    • Select More Apps > Look for another app on this PC.
    • Then browse the program that you would like to use and select it.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I undo "Always open with" for .jnlp files for Windows Pro 10? - Similar Threads - undo Always open

2. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I undo "always open with ______": So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?...
  3. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I undo "always open with ______": So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?...
  4. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.

Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.: I had an Epub file, I opened it and I accidentally opened it with notepad, I have spent around an hour looking up how to undo this so that I may be able to view the epub file with a much more suitable form of software....
  6. Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.: I had an Epub file, I opened it and I accidentally opened it with notepad, I have spent around an hour looking up how to undo this so that I may be able to view the epub file with a much more suitable form of software....
  7. Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.: In Windows 10 Windows or File Explored I selected a file with an extension that I didn't have a program to open it with. So I selected Media player to open it BUT I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT "Always open with" was selected. So now I have all files associated with this program and...
  9. How do I Undo "always open file with"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I Undo "always open file with": I have a problem. I have been using sims 4 mods, which uses .package files that need to be downloaded, copied, then moved into a different folder. I am familiar with downloading these, but I clicked an option I thought would make it easier. When I downloaded that file, I...
  10. How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.

How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.: Hi, I have been having trouble lately due to jpeg files always opening when I download them. I know accidentally clicked "always open files of this type" setting but I don't know how to undone. Any help would be great. Thanks....