Windows 10: How do I undo "Remember my selection and don't ask again" when I plug my headphones?

Discus and support How do I undo "Remember my selection and don't ask again" when I plug my headphones? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accidentally checked it, and now when I plug my microphone, it recognizes it as headphones. PLEASE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JariDecano, Apr 21, 2019.

1. How do I undo "Remember my selection and don't ask again" when I plug my headphones?

I accidentally checked it, and now when I plug my microphone, it recognizes it as headphones. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im on a laptop

:)

JariDecano, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Esker1 Win User

How do I undo "Remember my selection and don't ask again" when I plug my headphones?

How to undo a "do not ask me again" option?

My wired headphones aren't being detected when I try to plug them into my Windows 10 laptop. They were functioning completely fine with my laptop before I had selected the "do not ask me again" option in the pop-up that appears whenever a device is plugged
    in. How can I undo this option?

Esker1, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I undo "Remember my selection and don't ask again" when I plug my headphones?

1. How do I undo "Remember my selection and don't ask again" when I plug my headphones? - Similar Threads - undo Remember selection

2. I don't remember my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I don't remember my password: im not typing 6 to 600000 its taking half of my day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-remember-my-password/97456f38-39a8-4121-a7c1-c60d0655fe3d
  3. I don't remember my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't remember my password: im not typing 6 to 600000 its taking half of my day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-remember-my-password/97456f38-39a8-4121-a7c1-c60d0655fe3d
  4. I don't remember my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Set headset as headphones and selected "do not ask again", how do I change it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set headset as headphones and selected "do not ask again", how do I change it?: When I plugged in my headset for the first time I accidentally set it to headphones instead of headset so the computer won't access the microphone. How can I set the device to headset?...
  6. How do I get my select to be blue again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get my select to be blue again?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nstirbu16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8u2ke/how_do_i_get_my_select_to_be_blue_again/
  7. no sound when I plug in my headphones

no sound when I plug in my headphones: When I plug in my headphones, windows turns the sound down to zero. I am on a windows 10 desktop computer that is a few months old. Today is the first time I've tried to use my old headphones. Following advice online I went to SOUND - COMMUNICATIONS and set it to NOTHING,...
  8. I don't remember my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't remember my password: Hi. I can log in to my computer with pin code but I don't want to use that code anymore. I've tried to change it so many times but I need to know my password for it. But the real problem is I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD. I can't see the hint for my password, I can't do...
  9. How to undo a "do not ask me again" option?

How to undo a "do not ask me again" option?: My wired headphones aren't being detected when I try to plug them into my Windows 10 laptop. They were functioning completely fine with my laptop before I had selected the "do not ask me again" option in the pop-up that appears whenever a device is plugged in. How can I undo...
  10. How do I enable Stereo Mix when my headphones are plugged it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I enable Stereo Mix when my headphones are plugged it?: I do not use USB headphones. My headphones are plugged into the stereo audio jack in my laptop. My laptop is a Dell, and it is running Windows 10. Usually using Stereo Mix (which appears as an entry in the "recording" tab in the Windows audio control panel), I'm able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reset remember my selection headphone connection windows