Windows 10: How do I undo the Windows 10 shortcut (not really) for accessing a link.

Discus and support How do I undo the Windows 10 shortcut (not really) for accessing a link. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, Windows 10 has made it 10 times more difficult to click on a link and get to the site by requiring me to press control and click. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by suemcp001, Oct 2, 2018.

1. suemcp001 Win User

How do I undo the Windows 10 shortcut (not really) for accessing a link.

For some reason, Windows 10 has made it 10 times more difficult to click on a link and get to the site by requiring me to press control and click. I have never encountered this in my life before Windows 10. I have had this computer almost 2 years now but there is so much wrong with Windows 10 that I cannot address all the problems at the same time. Please, please, how do I turn off this unnecessary, time-consuming feature?

:)

suemcp001, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile How do I undo the Windows 10 shortcut (not really) for accessing a link. :)

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Win+X (or right click on Windows icon) isn't really useful anymore. MS removed classic control panel from the list and changed programs and features to Apps and Features. To get to Programs and Features you have to go to Apps and Features first (Metro UI) (it's in the top right corner).

And classic cmd also left the win+x and File list, you have to do it old way (win+r -> cmd -> enter).

How do I undo the Windows 10 shortcut (not really) for accessing a link. 1380.jpg

How do I undo the Windows 10 shortcut (not really) for accessing a link. 3.jpg

Now it's easier to access Power Options directly from the taskbar.

How do I undo the Windows 10 shortcut (not really) for accessing a link. 2.jpg

Drone, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I undo the Windows 10 shortcut (not really) for accessing a link. - Similar Threads - undo shortcut really

2. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?: Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real...
  3. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?: Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real...
  4. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I undo a prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I undo a prompt?: When working with several windows open, I received a prompt to "speed up my computer" and clicked on it. It did speed things up, but now I cannot save any Word Docs. How do I undo this prompt? Thanks...
  6. How do I change Quick Link shortcut letters?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change Quick Link shortcut letters?: Hi All, I been suing quick links forever now, though I noticed after the latest install of my new machine, some of quick link shortcut letters have changed. More specifically the "Apps and Features" utilises the 'F' as the shortcut letter though on my machine at home it comes...
  7. All my game shortcuts turned into this, how do I undo this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my game shortcuts turned into this, how do I undo this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_moistnugget_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jinpvc/all_my_game_shortcuts_turned_into_this_how_do_i/
  8. How do I undo a factory reset on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I undo a factory reset on windows 10?: I factory reset windows then realized it was unneccesary submitted by /u/Spxxctrzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfkin0/how_do_i_undo_a_factory_reset_on_windows_10/
  9. How do I undo the october windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I undo the october windows 10 update?: The windows 10 october 2018 update has blown my HDMI and Soundcard. Don't accuse me of doing something wrong. I am accusing you of premature release of an untested unstable update. Now I am seriously considering going to Linux to get your junk off of my systems. I will...
  10. How to add shortcut link in Quick Access through Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add shortcut link in Quick Access through Registry: Hi, I want to add shortcut link of one of the folder location to "Quick Access" in Windows 10 x64. In the case of Windows 10 x86 I used to put my shortcut link in the folder "C:\Users\user_name\Links" & it showed me shortcut in favorites at left side. Also it works...