Windows 10: How do I unformat a hard drive?

Discus and support How do I unformat a hard drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC has two operating systems on a C and E drive. I formatted my E drive by mistake when I was trying to format a flash drive. A friend told me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by richardryals, Aug 4, 2020.

1. How do I unformat a hard drive?

My PC has two operating systems on a C and E drive. I formatted my E drive by mistake when I was trying to format a flash drive. A friend told me there's a way to unformat it. How do I do it? Both drives have Windows 10 Pro.

:)

richardryals, Aug 4, 2020

2. Unformat a hard drive?

I was reinstalling windows and accidentally "quick format" the wrong hard drive which contained all my music. is there anyway i can unformat it and retreive some of that music? what program do i use?

karolpl2004, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    Unformat NTFS help!!

Help.

How do I unformat a "quick format" of an NTFS volume?

Blame it on the beer!! *Toast :toast:

Lazzer408, Aug 4, 2020
  4. How do I unformat a hard drive?

Unformat a hard drive?

unformat? hm.

theres no way to completely "unformat" a drive. there are, however, ways to recover lost data.

Firstly, make sure you don't access the drive you formatted. don't put any data on it or anything. Then, try using a freeware data recovery program on it. that may help.

if it doesn't, then you're most likely screwed...sorry......

randomperson21, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I unformat a hard drive?

1. How do I unformat a hard drive? - Similar Threads - unformat hard drive

2. How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?: Okay, so I am trying to figure out which hard drive is designated for my storage and for my Operating system.Overall I was to know What type of drives they are, whether it is the:Pata or the NVME one and I do not want to have to open it up again.HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP,...
  3. How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?: Okay, so I am trying to figure out which hard drive is designated for my storage and for my Operating system.Overall I was to know What type of drives they are, whether it is the:Pata or the NVME one and I do not want to have to open it up again.HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP,...
  4. How do I move all my files from a 'unformatted' drive to my external usb?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move all my files from a 'unformatted' drive to my external usb?: So last night I was moving my files when I had a issue, out of nowhere I got the message telling me that my hard drive wasn't formatted even though I was using it literally 2 minutes before and now I can't move any files. Is there any app that can do this or any store that I...
  5. How do I format my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I format my hard drive?: So I bought my desktop computer with an internal 1 tb hard drive and I recently got a ssd to make it faster but it has less storage so I wanted to use my hard drive as storage but when I boot from my ssd the hard drive doesnt show up so I was wondering how I would format...
  6. How do I eject an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I eject an external hard drive?: When I go to eject the drive, the eject button is greyed out and I can't click on it. When I go to the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" to try and eject, it says that it cannot because it's still being used in a program. I ended up closing all my programs and windows...
  7. How do you unformat a drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you unformat a drive?: Hi! I used a hard drive for my ps4 for games but I don't play it anymore o I wanted to put movies in it too watch downstairs but for some reason it doesn't show in the devices & drives part? when I plug it in? instead it shows my email submitted by /u/Jkanjm [link]...
  8. how do I unformat a remote drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I unformat a remote drive?: Accidentally formatted a remote drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unformat-a-remote-drive/f1ea05c5-6ba1-4292-8420-181c9efd0917
  9. How do I reformat the Hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I reformat the Hard drive?: I want reformat the hard drive on an old Laptop I can't seem to be able to get anywhere the boot will not recognize the CD drive nor a external floppy. I am trying to permanently remove Win 10....
  10. How do I unlock internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I unlock internal hard drive: Enter the 48 digit recovery key, but "a valid usb key wasn't detected." My computer was repaired. This is the internal drive I took out during repair. Now I put the drive back in and it is bitlocked. The C drive where Windows 10 is loaded works fine. larry...