Windows 10: how do I unformat a remote drive?

Discus and support how do I unformat a remote drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Accidentally formatted a remote drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlAnderson1, Feb 8, 2020.

1. how do I unformat a remote drive?

1. Accidentally formatted a remote drive

:)

AlAnderson1, Feb 8, 2020

2. Unformat a hard drive?

unformat? hm.

theres no way to completely "unformat" a drive. there are, however, ways to recover lost data.

Firstly, make sure you don't access the drive you formatted. don't put any data on it or anything. Then, try using a freeware data recovery program on it. that may help.

if it doesn't, then you're most likely screwed...sorry......

randomperson21, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Unformat a hard drive?

I was reinstalling windows and accidentally "quick format" the wrong hard drive which contained all my music. is there anyway i can unformat it and retreive some of that music? what program do i use?

karolpl2004, Feb 8, 2020
  4. how do I unformat a remote drive?

Broken USB Stick (Bitlocker Encrypted, Unformatted drive)

A Sandisk USB stick of mine has become broken when word crashed when I was using it one day. All Files on this device are Bitlocker Encrypted.

When trying to use the USB stick normally:

• the password for Bitlocker is requested,
    • once entered, attempting to access the drive brings up that it is unformatted and requires formatting. However formatting the drive will apparently clear the drive of all data on it.

The data recovery software I'm trying to access the files with is:

MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition v7.0

I have also attempted removing bit locker from the drive, however this produces error code:

0x80070015

When command prompting:

manage-bde -off E:

IanClark_908, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

how do I unformat a remote drive?

1. how do I unformat a remote drive? - Similar Threads - unformat remote drive

2. How do I move all my files from a 'unformatted' drive to my external usb?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move all my files from a 'unformatted' drive to my external usb?: So last night I was moving my files when I had a issue, out of nowhere I got the message telling me that my hard drive wasn't formatted even though I was using it literally 2 minutes before and now I can't move any files. Is there any app that can do this or any store that I...
  3. How do I move all my files from a 'unformatted' drive to my external usb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move all my files from a 'unformatted' drive to my external usb?: So last night I was moving my files when I had a issue, out of nowhere I got the message telling me that my hard drive wasn't formatted even though I was using it literally 2 minutes before and now I can't move any files. Is there any app that can do this or any store that I...
  4. How do I move all my files from a 'unformatted' drive to my external usb?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unformat Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unformat Storage Space: I have accidentaly formatted my RAID-5 Microsoft Storage Space. The RAID-5 is based on 3 USB 3.0 disk with 4Tb capacity each. Is it possible to recover my file using any specific tool? I have tried some commercial tools with no luck. The setup is unique, I wonder if anyone...
  6. Unformatted disks not accessible for formatting in optical drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unformatted disks not accessible for formatting in optical drive: Unformatted CD's or DVD's are not recognized and there is no format command option when I right-click on the drive in Explorer. I can burn videos and photos to an unformatted disk using a burn program but I cannot write files or format an unformatted disk when attempting to...
  7. unformat CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unformat CD: I accidently formatted my CD and I need to recover original files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unformat-cd/cb385b2f-518c-4064-a523-1ba1c6ae3240
  8. How do you unformat a drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you unformat a drive?: Hi! I used a hard drive for my ps4 for games but I don't play it anymore o I wanted to put movies in it too watch downstairs but for some reason it doesn't show in the devices & drives part? when I plug it in? instead it shows my email submitted by /u/Jkanjm [link]...
  9. How do I unformat a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I unformat a hard drive?: My PC has two operating systems on a C and E drive. I formatted my E drive by mistake when I was trying to format a flash drive. A friend told me there's a way to unformat it. How do I do it? Both drives have Windows 10 Pro....
  10. How do I move files from OneDrive to a local or remote drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I move files from OneDrive to a local or remote drive?: My OneDrive is almost full and I can't seem to find the option to move files out or to copy then delete. How do I fee up my OneDrive storage? 124473