Windows 10: How do I uninstall a device when it asks for user and password? I changed my password but...

Discus and support How do I uninstall a device when it asks for user and password? I changed my password but... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I uninstall a device when it won't let me change my user name ? It has my name only but I need my email address. I changed my password so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sandy Flanagan, Mar 21, 2019.

1. How do I uninstall a device when it asks for user and password? I changed my password but...

How do I uninstall a device when it won't let me change my user name ? It has my name only but I need my email address. I changed my password so that would be okay.

:)

Sandy Flanagan, Mar 21, 2019

2. Changing User Accounts Password

Hi Eddy,

If you are an Admin user for your Windows 10 device, it’s still possible to change another user’s password. To perform the said task, follow these steps:

• Simultaneously press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Once accessed, type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the user and choose Reset password.
    • Change it to your preferred password.

Once done, you may close the window and try to use the new password for the account.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Mar 21, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Password Change on the Computer

Hello,

You may change your local user account password by following the steps below:

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then click
      Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 21, 2019
  4. How do I uninstall a device when it asks for user and password? I changed my password but...

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I uninstall a device when it asks for user and password? I changed my password but...

1. How do I uninstall a device when it asks for user and password? I changed my password but... - Similar Threads - uninstall device asks

2. how do i change my password when i forgot it??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my password when i forgot it??: i tried to change my password so many times but it doesn’t work, i always try later but it just keeps showing me the same screen.please try and help with this situation as i have important documents on it thanks....
  3. how do i change my password when i forgot it??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change my password when i forgot it??: i tried to change my password so many times but it doesn’t work, i always try later but it just keeps showing me the same screen.please try and help with this situation as i have important documents on it thanks....
  4. Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...: help pls^^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-are-asked-for-the-admin-password-when/5fe02195-2020-4601-adf8-e5883753d6e8
  5. Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...

Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...: help pls^^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-are-asked-for-the-admin-password-when/5fe02195-2020-4601-adf8-e5883753d6e8
  6. How do I forget a device I saved when changing my password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I forget a device I saved when changing my password?: I recently changed my password via Security > Change Password.Before arriving at the "Change your password" screen where I enter my current and new password, I was asked to authenticate my Microsoft account. I chose a text message with a code as my authentication method.Upon...
  7. How do I forget a device I saved when changing my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I forget a device I saved when changing my password?: I recently changed my password via Security > Change Password.Before arriving at the "Change your password" screen where I enter my current and new password, I was asked to authenticate my Microsoft account. I chose a text message with a code as my authentication method.Upon...
  8. How do I forget a device I saved when changing my password?

9. SFC changed my User password to my Outlook password. How do I change it back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC changed my User password to my Outlook password. How do I change it back?: I am/was having trouble with my computer, so I run "sfc /scannow" from the Boot Disk trouble-shooter. It didn't fix my problem, but it DID change my longtime password to my "Microsoft/Outlook password". Very annoying. I want my old login password back. The system won't...
  10. How do I change users password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change users password?: My desktop machine had been working OK for several hours. I went to make a cup of tea, and when I came back it was rebooting. An hour later it was still rebooting so I switched it off and on again. That time it rebooted OK. I tried to log in as Admin and got the message "the...