Windows 10: How do I uninstall an update outside of the programs and features/updates window

Discus and support How do I uninstall an update outside of the programs and features/updates window in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; KB5034122 gives error message when attempting to run uninstall. How do I uninstall an update? I had update service disabled but somehow it turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A.D_88, Jul 10, 2024.

1. A.D_88 Win User

How do I uninstall an update outside of the programs and features/updates window

KB5034122 gives error message when attempting to run uninstall. How do I uninstall an update? I had update service disabled but somehow it turned itself back on, I uninstalled most all of the updates I got at that time but KB5034122 keeps giving me an error when I try the uninstall, please don’t waist the thread by telling me why I shouldn’t, I’ve already been on the phone with MS techs who did enough of that and wouldn’t help me, is there a way to do this outside of the programs and features/updates? Thanks

:)

A.D_88, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Raident Win User

Why are built-in programs starting to show up in Programs and Features

After last month's Windows Updates, I noticed Remote Desktop was listed under Programs and Features as an uninstallable program. After this month's updates, Paint is now listed. Is Microsoft rolling out some new OS unbundling strategy one step at a time or something?

Raident, Jul 10, 2024
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 10, 2024
  4. bigscale Win User

How do I uninstall an update outside of the programs and features/updates window

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I uninstall an update outside of the programs and features/updates window - Similar Threads - uninstall update outside

2. How do I uninstall an update outside of the programs and features/updates window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall an update outside of the programs and features/updates window: KB5034122 gives error message when attempting to run uninstall. How do I uninstall an update? I had update service disabled but somehow it turned itself back on, I uninstalled most all of the updates I got at that time but KB5034122 keeps giving me an error when I try the...
  3. How do I uninstall an update outside of the programs and features/updates window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall an update outside of the programs and features/updates window: KB5034122 gives error message when attempting to run uninstall. How do I uninstall an update? I had update service disabled but somehow it turned itself back on, I uninstalled most all of the updates I got at that time but KB5034122 keeps giving me an error when I try the...
  4. how do i uninstall windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i uninstall windows updates: how do i uninstall windows updates*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-windows-updates/03222b7e-c47f-4e17-9b1d-32435ab39762
  5. how do i uninstall windows updates

how do i uninstall windows updates: how do i uninstall windows updates*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-windows-updates/03222b7e-c47f-4e17-9b1d-32435ab39762
  6. How do I uninstall feature update 21h2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall feature update 21h2?: Recently my windows 10 forcefully installed update 21h2 even though my windows was incompatible. Every time I turn on my computer the same feature update is being installed and finishes installing, when I log in the feature update is installing at 0%. I am unable to delete...
  7. How do I uninstall feature update 21h2?

How do I uninstall feature update 21h2?: Recently my windows 10 forcefully installed update 21h2 even though my windows was incompatible. Every time I turn on my computer the same feature update is being installed and finishes installing, when I log in the feature update is installing at 0%. I am unable to delete...
  8. How do I uninstall feature update 21h2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do I uninstall a windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall a windows update?: I think recently my windows got updated cuz I remember seeing a installing features for this computer message. But this is giving me problems like blue screen saying memory management error. However i cant roll back to my previous updates. My installed updates is blank and my...
  10. How do I uninstall a windows update?

How do I uninstall a windows update?: I think recently my windows got updated cuz I remember seeing a installing features for this computer message. But this is giving me problems like blue screen saying memory management error. However i cant roll back to my previous updates. My installed updates is blank and my...