Windows 10: How do I uninstall an update that I don't want

Discus and support How do I uninstall an update that I don't want in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I recently been forced to do an update it is changed everything. I no longer have a desktop. The taskbar is not at the bottom of the screen. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MelLATER, Jul 16, 2020.

1. MelLATER Win User

How do I uninstall an update that I don't want

Hello I recently been forced to do an update it is changed everything. I no longer have a desktop. The taskbar is not at the bottom of the screen. I do not like this it is not efficient it takes several extra steps to get to each new screen that you need to get to. It's not efficient at all. I want my desktop back and my taskbar at the bottom I have my desktop organize where everything I need is all in one place. I do not want to click constantly on an icon just to get to a page just to click on another thing to find what I need. It's extra steps.

Is there a way that I can uninstall this. I already tried to uninstall it and restarted but it reinstalled itself. Can anyone help me with this?

:)

MelLATER, Jul 16, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How do I uninstall an update that I don't want :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jul 16, 2020
  3. I don't want 10

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and sorry for delayed response.

As per the issue description you don't want Windows 10 right now and willing to remove that Windows 10 icon from the taskbar.

This can be done if the update which is responsible for this icon is either uninstalled from your system or if it is hidden. So, first I would suggest you to uninstall
    KB3035583 update and then hide it. Hope this would resolve your issue. in future if you want Windows 10 just install this update and you can upgrade to Windows 10.

To check if the updates is already installed:

• Open Installed Updates by pressing
      Windows key + X
      . Select Control Panel
      from the list, clicking Programs, and then, under
      Programs and Features, clicking View installed updates.
    • Click the update KB3035583 that you want to remove, and then click
      Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

You can refer to the below mentioned steps to hide an update.

• Press Window key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Under view by option select large icons.
    • And then click either Windows Update or
      Microsoft Update
    • Now click on important updates available (recommended).
    • Click to clear the check box that is next to the
      KB3035583 update.
    • Expand the KB3035583 update that you want to hide, and then click the "Don't show this update again" check box.
    • Click Review and install updates.

For more information you may refer to the suggestion of Jose Antonio replied on
    February 10, 2012.

how to hide / disable a priority Windows Update KB2633952 which already has a current update on my computer?

how to hide / disable a priority Windows Update KB2633952 which already has a current update on my computer?

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 16, 2020
  4. How do I uninstall an update that I don't want

How to stop Microsoft popups pushing Windows 10? I don't want it.

Hi Randy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation.
    We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and uninstall the get windows 10 app, you can always reinstall it by reinstalling the KB. To do so you have to uninstall a KB update. Please follow the steps below

• Type “View Installed Updates” in the Search box and then click on
      View Installed Updates – Control Panel from the Search results.
    • Look through the list for the KB3035583 update and Right click it and click Uninstall.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

How do I uninstall an update that I don't want

1. How do I uninstall an update that I don't want - Similar Threads - uninstall update don't

2. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  3. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  4. I don't know want to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know want to do?: My computer is a laptop running Windows 10I have all of my data stored in notepad it's a free programbut wordpad is better because you can click on a URLso I copy pasted my data from notepad in wordpad the problem was I couldn't get the spacing the samein notepad for example...
  5. I don't know want to do?

I don't know want to do?: My computer is a laptop running Windows 10I have all of my data stored in notepad it's a free programbut wordpad is better because you can click on a URLso I copy pasted my data from notepad in wordpad the problem was I couldn't get the spacing the samein notepad for example...
  6. I don't know want to do?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I uninstall a windows update?

How do I uninstall a windows update?: I think recently my windows got updated cuz I remember seeing a installing features for this computer message. But this is giving me problems like blue screen saying memory management error. However i cant roll back to my previous updates. My installed updates is blank and my...
  8. I want to uninstall update KB598242

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to uninstall update KB598242: I just performed a clea re-installation of windows 10 from a USB. I got all my files back using file history and things were great. I started creating restore points before I did anything. Well all was good until 2021-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10.....KB4598242...
  9. How do I uninstall Groove Music once and for all? I don't want BS, I want an answer to my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I uninstall Groove Music once and for all? I don't want BS, I want an answer to my...: So I've searched this question, and have found several dead end posts where some smart asses did everything they could to avoid answering the question. Seriously they'd rather write an entire book series on the topic than answer the damn question straightforward. Plain and...
  10. No, I don't want to restart and update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No, I don't want to restart and update.: I got home today to find my computer stuck on an update that i did not schedule. It did 30% in an hour. Luckly it restarted and i was able to boot Linux, so I can at least get some work done, but I am LIVID. I just wasted an hour of my time. Am i not allowed to have control...