Windows 10: How do I uninstall Groove Music once and for all? I don't want BS, I want an answer to my...

Discus and support How do I uninstall Groove Music once and for all? I don't want BS, I want an answer to my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've searched this question, and have found several dead end posts where some smart asses did everything they could to avoid answering the question.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trebory6, Dec 28, 2019.

1. How do I uninstall Groove Music once and for all? I don't want BS, I want an answer to my...

So I've searched this question, and have found several dead end posts where some smart asses did everything they could to avoid answering the question. Seriously they'd rather write an entire book series on the topic than answer the damn question straightforward.

Plain and simple Windows is about versatility, and I don't want Groove music. It opens randomly when my cat steps on my keyboard, it randomly commandeers my media keys preventing me from pausing Spotify, it will pop up when I start my computer asking to be the default program for music, and no matter how many times I uninstall it, it comes back after restart. I don't care if there's other issues at play, if I uninstall groove, the problem is solved. I don't have time to go deep into my computer figuring out why it keeps opening, everything works perfect except for this.

I'm fucking done. I've tried uninstalling it and it comes back. I want it gone even if I have to edit the registry or create a script that auto-uninstalls it every time I turn on my computer. I have a gaming/home theater PC, and this one goddamn program is the bane of my experience.

Seriously one of my biggest pet peeves on the internet:

Someone asks a very specific and straightforward question

Someone else: *Well why would you need to do that?"

Doesn't matter, none of your business, I came here for an answer to my question, not to justify myself and why I asked. Don't have the answer? Then move on and don't waste either of our time.

I don't care if I can change the default program, I HAVE. I don't care if it doesn't take up space, IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT. I don't care if it's unobtrusive if you configure it, I HAVE TRIED AND IT KEEPS GETTING RESET. I honestly don't give a rat's arse about any other information other than the answer to the question I'm asking: How do you uninstall Groove Music?

If you'll excuse my frustration above, I'd be very grateful for an actual answer. Thanks! How do I uninstall Groove Music once and for all? I don't want BS, I want an answer to my... :D

Edit: Most of my tone should be read as playful sarcasm, it's frustrating for sure, but I'm not actually going crazy with this.

submitted by /u/trebory6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trebory6, Dec 28, 2019

2. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Edent Win User
    Groove Music problem

Groove Music suddenly opened on my tablet (Windows10) while I had an ebook app open. I closed the window but the window kept reopening after a few seconds. I tried to uninstall Groove Music: System > Apps & Features, down to Groove Music – "Uninstall" was dimmed. Opened "Advanced Options": clicked "Terminate" – nothing happened; "Uninstall" – dimmed; "Reset" – the window didn't open for a while, but a few minutes later another opened to want to reinstall. Tried Revo Uninstall – Groove Music not listed. And I don't use my tablet for music.

Edent, Dec 28, 2019
  4. How do I uninstall Groove Music once and for all? I don't want BS, I want an answer to my...

Groove Music is NOT working.

Hi Dima Julia,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

Before proceeding, we would appreciate if you provide few answers to us in order to narrow down the issue.

• Did you make any changes to the Groove music app prior to the issue?
    • Since when you are facing this issue?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on setting option in Groove music app.
    • Click on Choose where we look for music on this PC.
    • And create a path and check.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I uninstall Groove Music once and for all? I don't want BS, I want an answer to my...

1. How do I uninstall Groove Music once and for all? I don't want BS, I want an answer to my... - Similar Threads - uninstall Groove Music

2. I want to transfer all my music from Groove to my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to transfer all my music from Groove to my PC.: The music does not appear in any of the folders on my computer but plays on Groove without access to the internet. For context, I just got my laptop back after several years of being in a different country which is why I haven't done his before! I own all the music but have...
  3. I want to transfer all my music from Groove to my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to transfer all my music from Groove to my PC.: The music does not appear in any of the folders on my computer but plays on Groove without access to the internet. For context, I just got my laptop back after several years of being in a different country which is why I haven't done his before! I own all the music but have...
  4. I don't want it...

I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  5. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  6. I don't know want to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know want to do?: My computer is a laptop running Windows 10I have all of my data stored in notepad it's a free programbut wordpad is better because you can click on a URLso I copy pasted my data from notepad in wordpad the problem was I couldn't get the spacing the samein notepad for example...
  7. Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?: We've recently bought a new computer and have transferred all the music files over from the previous PC. They still play fine, but when I choose a particular album now there is no "PLAY ALL" option visible ~ and it will only play one track at a time, which is pretty...
  8. Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?

Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?: We've recently bought a new computer and have transferred all the music files over from the previous PC. They still play fine, but when I choose a particular album now there is no "PLAY ALL" option visible ~ and it will only play one track at a time, which is pretty...
  9. How do I uninstall an update that I don't want

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I uninstall an update that I don't want: Hello I recently been forced to do an update it is changed everything. I no longer have a desktop. The taskbar is not at the bottom of the screen. I do not like this it is not efficient it takes several extra steps to get to each new screen that you need to get to. It's not...
  10. I want to delete Groove Music and Xbox...Help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to delete Groove Music and Xbox...Help please: Hi, I want to delete Groove Music and Xbox from windows 10, can I get some answers, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-delete-groove-music-and-xboxhelp-please/b6262a4e-c146-4c21-8c50-fe23102b1e04