Windows 10: How do I uninstall Itunes which I downloaded from the windows store?

Discus and support How do I uninstall Itunes which I downloaded from the windows store? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't need itunes anymore as I no longer use an iPhone. But I can't seem to find the option to unistall itunes. Please help. Thanks submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/misfit_xtnt, Feb 17, 2020.

1. How do I uninstall Itunes which I downloaded from the windows store?

I don't need itunes anymore as I no longer use an iPhone. But I can't seem to find the option to unistall itunes. Please help. Thanks

submitted by /u/misfit_xtnt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/misfit_xtnt, Feb 17, 2020
  2. RickC Win User

iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

1. Uninstall iTunes completely. (I suggest using Geek Uninstaller. In my experience this does a good job of clearing remnants.)
    2. Download and install latest iTunes from Apple, not Windows Store (Never use the Windows Store for iTunes.)
    3. Check whether the Apple version allows you to point to your old media store.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Feb 17, 2020
  3. dmcmillen Win User
    iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

Thanks RickC. fyi, the Apple version update from 12.10.0.7 to 12.10.2.3 is when the problem started. Of course now I'm stuck with the MS version and I am not happy with that install, so nothing hurt to try. I didn't realize there was a difference; usually a version is a version regardless of where you get it.

I use Revo uninstaller which is pretty good at clearing remnants.

Edit: wow, I guess MS Store apps are installed different. Itunes isn't even on the uninstall or change program list. Revo doesn't even see it as an option to uninstall. I see that Greek Uninstaller can uninstall Windows Store apps. How does MS expect you to uninstall them??? Don't think I will want to install another MS Store app.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Unfortunately that link eventually takes me to the Windows Store for the latest version of iTunes. Older versions (2017) can be downloaded directly. May do that.

dmcmillen, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Thagstrom Win User

How do I uninstall Itunes which I downloaded from the windows store?

how to completely uninstall itunes on my android laptop when I've already uninstalled it

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

Have you restarted the computer since uninstalling itunes?

I would suggest to open the microsoft store, then on the top right clicking the three dots and selecting "downloads and updates".

Then select the "installed" tab. Make sure iTunes does not show here.

Also check in Settings (windows key + I) > apps. Make sure Itunes is not listed there.

After this, or if it does not show up in any of these locations and iTunes still will not install I would suggest going through the steps on this help document from Apple on the subject:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thagstrom, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

How do I uninstall Itunes which I downloaded from the windows store?

1. How do I uninstall Itunes which I downloaded from the windows store? - Similar Threads - uninstall Itunes downloaded

2. How do i download updates for itunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i download updates for itunes: How to find how to update my i tunes app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-updates-for-itunes/8c5fc26e-8e98-4b8e-b0f5-5514a3417f72
  3. How do i download updates for itunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i download updates for itunes: How to find how to update my i tunes app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-updates-for-itunes/8c5fc26e-8e98-4b8e-b0f5-5514a3417f72
  4. Unable to download iTunes from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download iTunes from Store: I keep getting an error code: 0x80070005 when trying to download iTunes from the Store. I tried DISM and SFC commands with no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-itunes-from-store/632358da-c86f-43f8-b70c-463cf8bb3727
  5. How do I uninstall iTunes (Microsoft Store version) on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I uninstall iTunes (Microsoft Store version) on Windows 10?: I’m unable to find the program in control panel, and unable to uninstall it from the Microsoft Store. Any help would be appreciated. I’ve tried scanning for corrupted files with Command Prompt, etc. I’ve tried everything that I can find on Google and nothing seems to work....
  6. How do I uninstall an app? (from windows store)

How do I uninstall an app? (from windows store): How do I uninstall an app? (from windows store) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-an-app-from-windows-store/e7c202f2-604c-4b2e-a34a-748f5c04fd0e
  7. How do I download Itunes?

How do I download Itunes?: I have windows 10. How do I download Itunes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-itunes/b00d5477-bbdd-4a98-978e-54feb7ede5f0
  8. How can I cancel iTunes Download from the Microsoft Store

How can I cancel iTunes Download from the Microsoft Store: Someone in my family initiated a download of iTunes from the Microsoft Store. However, (a) the download keeps failing and restarting/retrying automatically, (b) I do not want iTunes installed on the PC and so I want to cancel it. Unfortunately, the download never completes...
  9. downloading itunes from the store

downloading itunes from the store: I have had to buy a new laptop and went to download itunes from the store and the Free button is greyed out? I still have my old hard drive which is working with everything intact set up as an external hard drive, will i have to use that to try an recover itunes so i can...
  10. Itunes download from Microsoft Store

Itunes download from Microsoft Store: I download itunes from Mic store, but it not load up. called Apple support they try many ways , till can not get it loaded. they suggest me to call Microsoft to help...