Windows 10: How do I uninstall McAfee "LiveSafe" off my Win10 Dell Laptop. Note: I HAVE ALREADY TRIED...

Discus and support How do I uninstall McAfee "LiveSafe" off my Win10 Dell Laptop. Note: I HAVE ALREADY TRIED... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know how to access Programs and Features, I know how to get to the old Uninstall via Control Panel, but NOTHING is working to get rid of this POS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BMDLoved, Apr 8, 2019.

1. BMDLoved Win User

How do I uninstall McAfee "LiveSafe" off my Win10 Dell Laptop. Note: I HAVE ALREADY TRIED...

I know how to access Programs and Features, I know how to get to the old Uninstall via Control Panel, but NOTHING is working to get rid of this POS software that I didn't want in the first place. It still pops up with giant ads covering 25% of my screen numerous times a day. I was able to uninstall the other 3-4 programs that were also McAfee related, but the last one, this McAfee "LiveSafe" I cannot get rid of.

So when I go to Programs and Features and click Uninstall, it asks me for permissions to make changes to this computer, I click yes, then a McAfee "LiveSafe" window pops up with a Cancel and (greyed out) Continue button at the bottom, with just a white screen, and then a second or two later, a McAfee ad appears at the top of the window, but NOTHING ELSE shows up. No options to pick what I want to uninstall or anything you would normally expect. It just sits there.

In my task manager, there are at least 8-10 McAfee process that show up, as either disabled or not running, yet I'm still getting the pop up ads.

So I need something other than the normal way of uninstalling something. PLEASE! Thanks in advance!

:)

BMDLoved, Apr 8, 2019
  2. takias Win User

Preinstalled McAfee LiveSafe on laptop - Should I Uninstall?

I bought a new laptop, it came with McAfee LiveSafe.
    I heard only bad things about McAfee and apparently it just slows everything down.
    Should I uninstall it and replace it with any free AV?

If yes, what Free AV is best (lightweight on system resources yet reliable) for Win10?

takias, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Superfly Win User
    Preinstalled McAfee LiveSafe on laptop - Should I Uninstall?

I have McAfee installed on my corporate laptop )no choice)... it's constantly trying to download or upload stuff. (I'm on my home network ATM but it's still looking for ePO... go figure)

How do I uninstall McAfee "LiveSafe" off my Win10 Dell Laptop. Note: I HAVE ALREADY TRIED... [​IMG]

I won't get drawn into what's the best, just giving some info to help you make a decision.

Superfly, Apr 8, 2019
  4. lpatrick Win User

How do I uninstall McAfee "LiveSafe" off my Win10 Dell Laptop. Note: I HAVE ALREADY TRIED...

McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender

I have McAfee LiveSafe. Should I run McAfee LiveSafe plus Windows Defender? Would it be more protective if I used Windows Defender plus some product other than McAfee LiveSafe? Lastly, is it best to use Windows Defender by itself?

I asked a very similar question some time ago and honestly did not clearly understand the advice.

Thank you.

lpatrick, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I uninstall McAfee "LiveSafe" off my Win10 Dell Laptop. Note: I HAVE ALREADY TRIED... - Similar Threads - uninstall McAfee LiveSafe

2. How do I uninstall Mcafee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall Mcafee: I have been using windows 11 for about a year and I am just so fed up with Mcafee. I cannot find a way to uninstall it and it keeps changing my browser to **** yahoo. Mcafee is the **** "anti-virus software" ever, I just want to burn it. How do I uninstall it....
  3. When I uninstalled McAfee Livesafe came with my computer It said uninstall failed, but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I uninstalled McAfee Livesafe came with my computer It said uninstall failed, but it...: What does this mean? Is it really gone or not? I haven't uninstalled McAfee Security yet, just Livesafe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-uninstalled-mcafee-livesafe-came-with-my/18a8f294-3bc9-4ec1-8697-cbdc36c4296d
  4. When I uninstalled McAfee Livesafe came with my computer It said uninstall failed, but it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I uninstalled McAfee Livesafe came with my computer It said uninstall failed, but it...: What does this mean? Is it really gone or not? I haven't uninstalled McAfee Security yet, just Livesafe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-uninstalled-mcafee-livesafe-came-with-my/18a8f294-3bc9-4ec1-8697-cbdc36c4296d
  5. When I uninstalled McAfee Livesafe came with my computer It said uninstall failed, but it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. If i uninstall mcafee livesafe will my antivirus be switched to windows defender?

If i uninstall mcafee livesafe will my antivirus be switched to windows defender?: So, i have mcafee livesave pre-installed on my new laptop and i'm getting sick of trial antiviruses, and i wan't to uninstall it, so if i uninstall mcafee livesave will my pc be protected this time by windows defender?...
  7. mcafee livesafe

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mcafee livesafe: Hello When we bought our laptop we bought Mcafee Livesafe aswell . We now find we can't install it on Windows 10S. Do we not need the mcafee or is there something else we should do ?...
  8. Mcafee LiveSafe

Mcafee LiveSafe: Hi all. Looking to renew my subscription to the subject after 3 years. I note that there is no longer a 3 year renewal available on their website. Only 1 year with automatic renewals. Looking to get the best deal on a 3 year if its available out there somewhere. Anyone have...
  9. uninstall McAfee LiveSafe

uninstall McAfee LiveSafe: Having trouble uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe. Followed instructions provided by McAfee, but it did not good. HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-mcafee-livesafe/ce1ac8a6-d2a8-45a9-832b-228e2e50c121"
  10. Preinstalled McAfee LiveSafe on laptop - Should I Uninstall?

Preinstalled McAfee LiveSafe on laptop - Should I Uninstall?: I bought a new laptop, it came with McAfee LiveSafe. I heard only bad things about McAfee and apparently it just slows everything down. Should I uninstall it and replace it with any free AV? If yes, what Free AV is best (lightweight on system resources yet reliable) for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. free mcafee antivirus for dell laptop

2. how do i uninstall mcafee livesafe

3. dell laptop since uninstalling mcafee can not log into microsoft

4. do i need mcafee with windows 10,
  5. how to remove mcafee from dell,
  6. McAfee LiveSafe™via Dell,
  7. remove mcafee from dell laptop,
  8. dell laptop uninstall mcafee,
  9. how to remove mcafee from new dell computer,
  10. dell uninstall mcafee,
  11. why does dell 13 only have mcafee windows 10,