Windows 10: How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana

Discus and support How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I appreciate that it exist and understand it has its uses but for me? Not really, I've never found it useful and it just sits in the background hogging... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AdMoofans, Dec 28, 2018.

1. AdMoofans Win User

How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana

I appreciate that it exist and understand it has its uses but for me? Not really, I've never found it useful and it just sits in the background hogging ram. If it wouldn't be too much trouble I wouldn't mind being informed of a way to disable Cortana as there is nothing in settings I could find.

:)

AdMoofans, Dec 28, 2018

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 28, 2018
  3. MattAkins Win User
    uninstall Cortana in windows 10

I type Cortana and I'm told "no settings found".

MattAkins, Dec 28, 2018
  4. How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana :confused:

oli_ramsay, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana

1. How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana - Similar Threads - Uninstall Disable Cortana

2. How do I disable Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I disable Cortana?: The Cortana window keeps popping up saying: Cortana is not available in your region.It's impossible to uninstall, I tried to find a solution on the forums, but can't find anything that works for me.Please help, this is driving me crazy!...
  3. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Cortana?: The Cortana window keeps popping up saying: Cortana is not available in your region.It's impossible to uninstall, I tried to find a solution on the forums, but can't find anything that works for me.Please help, this is driving me crazy!...
  4. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana = disgusting how do I uninstall this junk?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cortana = disgusting how do I uninstall this junk?: I find it truly sickening that, in a time of high online privacy concerns, Microsoft decides to install spyware on my WORK computer, completely without my consent. I was looking around online for ways to uninstall it, but sites warn that tampering with the Windows registry...
  6. how do i uninstall cortana

in Cortana
    how do i uninstall cortana: how do i uninstall cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-cortana/e98d2919-4fca-48d5-af6a-0b5e9dbc2f0e
  7. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable Cortana?: I just want the search on my new laptop not have the thing running. submitted by /u/Shulk-skywalker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzzv01/how_do_i_disable_cortana/
  8. HELP!!! How do I disable Cortana!!?

in Cortana
    HELP!!! How do I disable Cortana!!?: I just got some sort of system update and Cortana is listening in on anything I do, from Skype to recording audio. All sorts of bazaar things are happening when I speak into my microphone. I don't want Cortana, I just want my computer to work. How can I disable Cortana? If I...
  9. How do i uninstall Microsoft Edge and Cortana

How do i uninstall Microsoft Edge and Cortana: These seem very, very, very useless to me and i want them off my pc because they cause an annoyance to me >inb4 op, cortana and edge are superior, op, why do you want to uninstall them? please just tell me how to locate these programs in my registry to get them the hell...
  10. How do i Disable Cortana process?

How do i Disable Cortana process?: It's interesting to see that after i "disabled" it from the options, the process Cortana is still running and is tied to searchui.exe . And after deleting Cortanaware, the windows search bar stopped responding for good lol! Is there any other way to stop this from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable cortana improves performance

2. uninstall supremo from windows 10

3. desinstalar cortana

4. cortana uninstall,
  5. remove cortana,
  6. windows 1809 disable cortana,
  7. Tell me how to uninstall Cortana