Windows 10: How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

Discus and support How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since latest may update every time I open any game it switches from dolby atmos to windows sonic and I have to exit the game and switch again to dolby... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ivor, Jun 19, 2020.

1. ivor Win User

How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

Since latest may update every time I open any game it switches from dolby atmos to windows sonic and I have to exit the game and switch again to dolby atmos, it happens only at the first launch of any game.
    I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting dolby atmos and use DTS but it still happens, so problem is windows, not spatial sounds. Is there any way to remove windows sonic via registry ?

Win 10 version 2004

:)

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Update to Windows 10 stops at uninstall Sonic Sound DLA

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to try uninstall Sonic Sound DLA from the Programs and Features.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click
      Control Panel
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Select Sonic Sound DLA and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue still persist then, you can download the Windows 10 ISO from the
    Media Creation Tool
    to perform Windows 10 upgrade.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled
    and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: The above article is applicable to Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Help with upgrading to
    Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/help-upgrade-windows-10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 19, 2020
  4. How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables windows sonic.

Hi Dorklingshot,

I would like to know what device you were trying to work with Windows Sonic. If you're trying to set up Windows Sonic for Headphones, then follow these steps:

1. Connect your headphones to your computer.
    2. Once done, right-click on the Speaker icon on the system tray, and select
      Spatial sound. If you have a drop-down option, then select
      Windows Sonic for Headphones
      . If you don't, then proceed with the next step.
    3. On the Speaker Properties window, click the Spatial sound.
    4. Under Spatial sound format, click the drop-down arrow, and select Windows Sonic for Headphones.
    5. Tick the box for Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound.
    6. Click Apply, then OK.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

1. How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely? - Similar Threads - uninstall remove Sonic

2. How do i completely remove Copilot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i completely remove Copilot?: I don't appreciate an AI assistant forced upon me. Please help me remove it. Unless you would prefer I switch back to Apple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-remove-copilot/94f158ab-bc04-48e2-a49f-4cc813fdd5f5
  3. How do i completely remove Copilot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i completely remove Copilot?: I don't appreciate an AI assistant forced upon me. Please help me remove it. Unless you would prefer I switch back to Apple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-remove-copilot/94f158ab-bc04-48e2-a49f-4cc813fdd5f5
  4. Windows Sonic - it is awful and I want to remove it. How?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sonic - it is awful and I want to remove it. How?: A lot of us that uses Dolby Atmos for Headphones have an issue where Windows Sonic why does this exist? it sounds awful will automatically be set as the spatial surround sound default when we restart/ turn on our dac or bluetooth headphones. So far everyone at Microsoft has...
  5. How do I uninstall OEM key completely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I uninstall OEM key completely?: I bought a laptop from a dell with windows 10 home. I've heard that with newer windows 10 laptops, the key is stored in BIOS and / or on Microsoft's activation servers. Now, I want to make my laptop in such a state such that I uninstall the activation key from bios, and any...
  6. Delete/Uninstall Windows Sonic for Headphones completely

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete/Uninstall Windows Sonic for Headphones completely: So I have been using Dolby Access for spatial sounds... but sometimes, it just changes back to Windows Sonic for some reason. Is there anyway to delete, disable or remove it? I can work around with stuff in registry if I need to....
  7. How do I completely uninstall MSFS 2020.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I completely uninstall MSFS 2020.: Uninstalled the main file 91GB - what else is needed to get rid of MSFS 2020 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-uninstall-msfs-2020/abbf0c2b-f5ae-4086-bf1f-b6bc70c5873a
  8. How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?: Since latest may update every time I open any game it switches from dolby atmos to windows sonic and I have to exit the game and switch again to dolby atmos, it happens only at the first launch of any game. I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting dolby atmos and use DTS but...
  9. How do I remove/uninstalled components?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove/uninstalled components?: How do I remove the pre-installed components/apps for tablet PC and Xbox One? I don't need tablet components on my PC, and I have no plan to get an Xbox One. 14079
  10. How Do I Completely Uninstall All Traces of Removed Printers??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Completely Uninstall All Traces of Removed Printers??: I had a printer software previously installed. Then I installed a different printer of the same company (Epson). I uninstalled one hoping to retain just the other. But when I wanted to use the only printer left on my system it gave me an option to use it or the other printer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disable windows sonic