Windows 10: How do I uninstall steam?

Discus and support How do I uninstall steam? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I uninstall steam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-steam/81efa23d-8342-4fc1-9e55-bf718bbb372f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KarenMonck, Oct 20, 2019.

1. How do I uninstall steam?

How do I uninstall steam?

:)

KarenMonck, Oct 20, 2019
  2. BossDweeb Win User

steam client bootstraper wont uninstall

Have you rebooted since uninstalling the Steam Client ?

The bootstraper is just a term for the Steam Client. If you uninstalled Steam via Programs and Features

the 'Bootstraper' should not be on your machine.

Where are you seeing the Steam Bootstraper ? If it's a Resistry key or perhaps still listed in

Task Manager > Startup tab (because of a Registry key) it won't cause any problems.

- If Steam is uninstalled and no longer on the list in Programs and Features you can delete any folders

that Steam may have left behind. Or to be safe, rename the folder and keep it for a while to verify it's

safe to delete.

- Also inquire at Steam support/forums.

BossDweeb, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Lone Foxx Win User
    Why do I need to uninstall Steam to upgrade to Windows 10 Creator's Update?

This is not the answer, as it still gives me an error. And we shouldn't have to go through this every time Microsoft says so.

Yes, my system was otherwise updated, Steam as well, and Steam is not running. Even after restart (and built-in to the app refresh) its still asking me to uninstall it, and it is telling me I have to uninstall other applications such a Glyph. But Glyph is
    not listed in the uninstaller or under C:\Program Files (x86). This installation of Windows 10 was not an update to an older OS, it was a clean install of Anniversary.

EDIT: Also tried the following.

The same error remains after removal of the Glyph Client and a game called Trove. Its obviously something in the registry Windows is having a problem with and Microsoft is giving some real half-baked solutions to address this.

Lone Foxx, Oct 20, 2019
  4. How do I uninstall steam?

steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

How do I uninstall steam?

1. How do I uninstall steam? - Similar Threads - uninstall steam

2. I can't download steam after uninstalling it! I have hundreds of dollars' worth of games I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download steam after uninstalling it! I have hundreds of dollars' worth of games I...: It all started when I wanted to purchase something on steam, so I tried entering the store and buying it, but it would not accept the credit card even though I am sure it was right information I had been having problems with my steam store recently but this time I was able to...
  3. I can't download steam after uninstalling it! I have hundreds of dollars' worth of games I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download steam after uninstalling it! I have hundreds of dollars' worth of games I...: It all started when I wanted to purchase something on steam, so I tried entering the store and buying it, but it would not accept the credit card even though I am sure it was right information I had been having problems with my steam store recently but this time I was able to...
  4. Can’t install steam client on your pc after uninstall it once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t install steam client on your pc after uninstall it once: When I delete steam client from my pc then I try to install it, I can’t install with this window appear “This folder must be empty” you go to steam file and try delete it then the pc say “This file is no longer there” Where can I find related solution for this?...
  5. Can’t install steam client on your pc after uninstall it once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t install steam client on your pc after uninstall it once: When I delete steam client from my pc then I try to install it, I can’t install with this window appear “This folder must be empty” you go to steam file and try delete it then the pc say “This file is no longer there” Where can I find related solution for this?...
  6. Is there any way to remove steam from there other than uninstalling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to remove steam from there other than uninstalling?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UmemeTooMuch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4d97h/is_there_any_way_to_remove_steam_from_there_other/
  7. How to remove this entry after uninstalling blender? I am trying to migrate to steam version.

How to remove this entry after uninstalling blender? I am trying to migrate to steam version.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Saikat0511 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1ai1r/how_to_remove_this_entry_after_uninstalling/
  8. Uninstalled Steam games linked to desktop but still there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Steam games linked to desktop but still there?: I have uninstalled a few Steam games but I have the problem that the shortcuts are still there on the desktop but I can't delete them, how do I get rid of them? Deinstallierte Steam Spiele verknüpfung auf Desktop aber noch da?
  9. Uninstall Sword Coast Legends from Steam/Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall Sword Coast Legends from Steam/Windows 10: Hi there, I have a game purchased through Steam called Sword Coast Legends, which I played a long time ago, that I am attempting to uninstall. Typically, the game would use Steam to complete the installation process. I am trying to uninstall the Sword Coast Legends game...
  10. Steam not uninstalling

Steam not uninstalling: [ATTACH] So I'm trying to clear out some of my space on my PC but I couldn't uninstall Steam games and I had the files on my desktop screen. So I uninstalled Steam completely but the actual app and its files is still on my PC Screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall steam game using control panel