Windows 10: How do I uninstall Windows 10 from my old laptop to install activate in new laptop?

Discus and support How do I uninstall Windows 10 from my old laptop to install activate in new laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to uninstall Windows 10 from my old laptop and install and activate the key on my new laptop. My account and ID will be the same. How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MDS2018, Nov 8, 2018.

1. MDS2018 Win User

How do I uninstall Windows 10 from my old laptop to install activate in new laptop?

I want to uninstall Windows 10 from my old laptop and install and activate the key on my new laptop. My account and ID will be the same.

How to uninstall Windows completely from my old laptop?

:)

MDS2018, Nov 8, 2018

2. De-Activate windows 10 on old laptop and activate it on new laptop

Hi,

I have old laptop with windows 10 home edition by default, few months back I have upgraded it to windows 10 professional through Windows store app and it is working on my old laptop, due to some hardware failure, I have to buy a new laptop. my new laptop
    will also have windows 10 home by default.

Is there any way to de-activate the windows 10 pro on my old laptop and upgrade and activate my new laptop? I have not received a product key along with this purchase, I have a license associated to my windows account.

RahulPundlik, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 from Old Laptop to New Desktop

Hey DaveM121,

Thank you for your reply!

If I understand you correctly, your recommendation is that we do a clean install of Windows 10 on the new PC, then activate it using the license key from the retail Windows 8 -- uninstalling the Windows 10 from the laptop as well.

Considering the Windows 10 on the laptop was a free upgrade from the Windows 8, would not the key have converted to a digital license? If so, how does one activate the Windows 10 on the new PC using the digital license from the old laptop?

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Armand van Tonder, Nov 8, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

How do I uninstall Windows 10 from my old laptop to install activate in new laptop?

Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, by then all laptops have Windows 10 or other new OS when I buy a new laptop.
    Everything runs fine now and I prefer not to re-install all my games and software.

P4-630, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I uninstall Windows 10 from my old laptop to install activate in new laptop? - Similar Threads - uninstall old laptop

2. How do I uninstall snip on my new Win11 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall snip on my new Win11 laptop: I have a new laptop with Win11 Pro installed. I also noticed that I have the Snip app installed. I normally use SnagIt to capture screen images but I thought that I'd give Snip a try. After about 30 minutes I determined that Snip was NOT the application for me. I installed...
  3. How do I uninstall snip on my new Win11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall snip on my new Win11 laptop: I have a new laptop with Win11 Pro installed. I also noticed that I have the Snip app installed. I normally use SnagIt to capture screen images but I thought that I'd give Snip a try. After about 30 minutes I determined that Snip was NOT the application for me. I installed...
  4. How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop: How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop using a UBS cable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-all-my-data-from-an-old-laptop/0bf68246-e888-43ca-9f61-80bde6f19a97
  5. How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop: How do I transfer all my data from an old laptop to my new laptop using a UBS cable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-all-my-data-from-an-old-laptop/0bf68246-e888-43ca-9f61-80bde6f19a97
  6. Transferring installation from old laptop to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring installation from old laptop to new laptop.: I wanted to transfer OS from old laptop to new laptop in a virtual hard drive dual booting. The reason to do this is that I had some old legacy programs that I still use but would be unable to reinstall as no longer available. Old laptop was AMD 10. New one I7 with optane...
  7. transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10

transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10: how to transfer files from old laptop to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-from-old-laptop-to-new-laptop-in-windows/dcea54a4-2b16-4836-89ba-d41ac607e81d
  8. How to transfer windows 10 pro from my old laptop to my new laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer windows 10 pro from my old laptop to my new laptop?: I upgraded my laptop from windows 10 home oem edition to windows 10 pro by windows app store paid around $130 in 2018. Today I buy a new laptop, how can I transfer the windows 10 pro to my current laptop? Also I don't remember where is the email of digital license of...
  9. How do I link my old laptop to my new laptop in a network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I link my old laptop to my new laptop in a network?: My network only shows one device when I have two laptops. I want them both to show up on the network, even though both work separately. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-link-my-old-laptop-to-my-new-laptop-in-a/31a08e68-b355-49fb-8a6c-1bfbaee29725
  10. How do I clone from an uninstalled ssd to a new laptop

How do I clone from an uninstalled ssd to a new laptop: Hi So here's the problem. My previous laptop running windows 10 finally gave up the ghost and died on me. Not a hard drive issue but power problems (in trying to fix it I broke some of the solder joints), any way it was 5 years old and was due to be replaced, however the...