Windows 10: How do I uninstall Windows Movies + TV?

Discus and support How do I uninstall Windows Movies + TV? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Purchased a laptop with Win 10. When I try to play my movies using VLC Media Player I have to deal with this screen that seems to want to add the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Connie Benham, Apr 13, 2019.

1. How do I uninstall Windows Movies + TV?

Purchased a laptop with Win 10. When I try to play my movies using VLC Media Player I have to deal with this screen that seems to want to add the file to a list or saves a copy in a hidden location on my HDD. And I still have to deal with this popup window after everything I play.

How do I uninstall the Movies +TV software?

Please someone I need an answer. Thanks! (I really hate Windows 10!)

:)

Connie Benham, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 13, 2019
  4. How do I uninstall Windows Movies + TV?

Movies & TV app stream to XBox One

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the cast button functionality is not working in Movies and TV App.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

However, if the above recommendation does not help, I would suggest you to consider reinstalling the
    Movies & TV App again.

Steps to uninstall Movies & TV
    App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Install Movies & TV
    App from Microsoft Store

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. if it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

How do I uninstall Windows Movies + TV?

1. How do I uninstall Windows Movies + TV? - Similar Threads - uninstall Movies

2. how do I uninstall Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I uninstall Microsoft 365: it is ridden with defects I want to get an older version of Office https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-microsoft-365/c8048ca3-5956-4882-9201-8decbab2e4f1
  3. how do I uninstall Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I uninstall Microsoft 365: it is ridden with defects I want to get an older version of Office https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-microsoft-365/c8048ca3-5956-4882-9201-8decbab2e4f1
  4. how do I uninstall Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to uninstall or disable the caps lock pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall or disable the caps lock pop-up: Hey, i have an issue with a specific new feature that just started to appear on my laptop that i don't like, It looks bad, it's slow and otherwise useless since my laptop already shines a light whenever caps lock is activated.I tried finding every single answer, control panel...
  6. How to uninstall or disable the caps lock pop-up

How to uninstall or disable the caps lock pop-up: Hey, i have an issue with a specific new feature that just started to appear on my laptop that i don't like, It looks bad, it's slow and otherwise useless since my laptop already shines a light whenever caps lock is activated.I tried finding every single answer, control panel...
  7. How to uninstall or disable the caps lock pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...: I uninstalled my wifi driver mistakenly and after that I reset it but now I am not able to login in my laptop without wifi so what I have to do to use my laptop?...
  9. I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...

I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...: I uninstalled my wifi driver mistakenly and after that I reset it but now I am not able to login in my laptop without wifi so what I have to do to use my laptop?...
  10. How to uninstall Movies and TV App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Movies and TV App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If I have to name one app that is useless on Windows, then its the Movies and TV App. Microsoft used to have Premium Video service and thats where the app used to come handy. Its not there anymore. So, [...] This post How to uninstall Movies and TV App in...