Windows 10: How do I unistall windows 10 Portuguese language pack and restore the Windows 10 English...

Discus and support How do I unistall windows 10 Portuguese language pack and restore the Windows 10 English... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All. The new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 I bought two weeks ago came with a Windows 10 single language pack. The original language is English. I wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Madukauwa, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Madukauwa Win User

How do I unistall windows 10 Portuguese language pack and restore the Windows 10 English...

Hello All. The new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 I bought two weeks ago came with a Windows 10 single language pack. The original language is English. I wanted a Portuguese Windows installed, thinking that I would be able to operate with both languages. After installing the Portuguese Windows, the English is no longer working! How do I reverse the situation? How do I uninstall the Portuguese and restore the English? Thank you.

:)

Madukauwa, Jan 28, 2019

2. English Language pack for Chinese Laptop Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to download the English language pack in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to install the English language pack.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select English language pack.

• Now, click on English language pack and click on
      Set a default button under the Region and language from left navigation pane.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the English language pack on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      English language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Anusha Verma, Jan 28, 2019
  3. HTC
    HTC Win User
    Windows 10 Retail Box-art Revealed

You can add the English language pack later and then switch.

My version of win7 is OEM so it only has Portuguese language. To put English language, that's what i had to do. In retail versions, i think it comes with other languages so you should be able to install in the language of your choice, but i'm not 100% sure on this.

I'm assuming it works the same for win 10, ofc.

4. P4-630 Win User

How do I unistall windows 10 Portuguese language pack and restore the Windows 10 English...

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

"Important
    According Microsoft, if you’re running Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 and your system language isn’t English, Brazilian Portuguese, or Chinese Simplified, you will not be able to keep your installed applications and Windows settings while upgrading to Windows 10. Only your personal files will be preserved."

You Can Upgrade To Windows 10 Without Losing Installed Programs

P4-630, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I unistall windows 10 Portuguese language pack and restore the Windows 10 English... - Similar Threads - unistall Portuguese language

2. why i cannot download the english language pack for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i cannot download the english language pack for windows 10?: when I want to download the English language pack, it keeps showing "it is searching language pack". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cannot-download-the-english-language-pack/0e98c0b0-a5cb-4169-a618-935c6330dd32
  3. why i cannot download the english language pack for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why i cannot download the english language pack for windows 10?: when I want to download the English language pack, it keeps showing "it is searching language pack". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cannot-download-the-english-language-pack/0e98c0b0-a5cb-4169-a618-935c6330dd32
  4. why i cannot download the english language pack for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. English language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English language pack: I have upgraded my windows 7 home edition to windows 7 ultimate.The reason for this upgrade was that my windows is in Greek and i wanted the English version. Trying to download the English language pack i keep getting an error message.error code 80070002. Please help......
  6. English language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    English language pack: I have upgraded my windows 7 home edition to windows 7 ultimate.The reason for this upgrade was that my windows is in Greek and i wanted the English version. Trying to download the English language pack i keep getting an error message.error code 80070002. Please help......
  7. English language pack for English voice recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English language pack for English voice recognition: Hi There,My PC has only Japanese language pack and I need English one for English voice recognition. Though I tried to install it with my local admin right, I couldn't. I guess Windows Updates should be activated at installing language packs. I need your help to install...
  8. Windows 10 Language: some stuck in portuguese

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Language: some stuck in portuguese: I've deleted the portuguese language pack after I accidentally got a portugeuse windows installer, but I know a lot of spanish so I could still make out some of the words as they are similar. But even after deleting, some ui elements are still not in english for some reason....
  9. English Language Pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    English Language Pack: Hi, I am an American currently visiting Mexico. I bought a computer here and am unable to change it from Spanish to English, it does not give me the option. I assumeI need to install an English Language Pack, but I have been unable to find it on the website. I am running...
  10. Adding English Language Pack

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding English Language Pack: With the previous build (10074) I could switch the interface between English and Swedish but although Win 10 tells me that I have switched to English it does not change, it just stays in Swedish. Is this a build 10122 thing? 6252