Windows 10: How do I unlink my Windows 10 Microsoft account from my old work account?

Discus and support How do I unlink my Windows 10 Microsoft account from my old work account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi and thank you for any help in advance. Years ago I wanted to be able to check my work emails from home and was told the easiest way was to link my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Killercoffin, Apr 30, 2020.

1. How do I unlink my Windows 10 Microsoft account from my old work account?

Hi and thank you for any help in advance.

Years ago I wanted to be able to check my work emails from home and was told the easiest way was to link my work account to my home account. Now I have retired and no longer need to be linked to the old work account but I cannot find a place to do it. Every time I open Outlook it tells me my work password has expired and will soon deactivate my account due to not updating my work password. I purchased everything on my computer and did the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when it first came out. I need to disconnect my old job from my account, can you help me?

:)

Killercoffin, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I unlink my Windows 10 Microsoft account from my old work account? :(

Zakin, Apr 30, 2020
  3. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I unlink my Windows 10 Microsoft account from my old work account?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I unlink my Windows 10 Microsoft account from my old work account?

1. How do I unlink my Windows 10 Microsoft account from my old work account? - Similar Threads - unlink Microsoft account

2. How can I unlink my laptop from an old microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I unlink my laptop from an old microsoft account?: I recently found I could not open microsoft windows products on my laptop pc, including "Settings." I log onto my computer using a microsoft account, which microsoft tells me does not exist. I think this is the source of my issues. I need to unlink my computer from that...
  3. How can I unlink my laptop from an old microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I unlink my laptop from an old microsoft account?: I recently found I could not open microsoft windows products on my laptop pc, including "Settings." I log onto my computer using a microsoft account, which microsoft tells me does not exist. I think this is the source of my issues. I need to unlink my computer from that...
  4. How can I unlink my laptop from an old microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I unlink a Microsoft account from my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlink a Microsoft account from my PC?: It's running the latest stable build of Windows 11, and the 'Remove' button that was there in Windows 10 under Settings>Accounts>Email and Accounts>Accounts used by other apps is now gone. Is there a way to restore it without returning to Windows 10, the window for that is...
  6. How do I unlink a Microsoft account from my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlink a Microsoft account from my PC?: It's running the latest stable build of Windows 11, and the 'Remove' button that was there in Windows 10 under Settings>Accounts>Email and Accounts>Accounts used by other apps is now gone. Is there a way to restore it without returning to Windows 10, the window for that is...
  7. How do I unlink my Microsoft account from windows 10?

How do I unlink my Microsoft account from windows 10?: So when I first setup my PC, Microsoft in its infinite wisdom decided the best thing for me was to force me to use a Microsoft account when setting up windows. I created one with my phone number and now I cannot change my display name, I cannot delete the user, and I cannot...
  8. How do I unlink my Microsoft Account from my computer?

How do I unlink my Microsoft Account from my computer?: Hello, I am trying to unlink my Microsoft account from my computer because i want to sign in with a local account. Is there anyway I could do this because the 2 ways I have tried have not work. I have tried the way with the button that says 'Sign in with a local account...
  9. How do I unlink my Microsoft account from my Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I unlink my Microsoft account from my Windows 10?: So, I recently linked my Microsoft account to my Windows 10. That did a lot of stuff I didn't like. I now want to know how to unlink my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 account. Help?...
  10. How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?: Hello, I have what appears to be a common problem, as far as I can see, from searching about this issue but also one without a good resolution. I have a Windows 10 laptop. I am a local administrator and up until yesterday, there was no Microsoft account associated with...