Windows 10: How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

Discus and support How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by toni conlin, Jun 2, 2023.

1. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

:)

toni conlin, Jun 2, 2023

2. Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Windows 10

I am able to backup my files using Seagate Backup Plus Slim. Windows 10 tells me my Seagate software is up to date. However I keep getting notifications to backup my files on the Windows 10 Notifications Board. Also Windows 10 does not allow me to add
    my Seagate Backup as an external device and seems not to be registering that I am already backing up my files to an the external Seagate hard drive. Any suggestions?

GraemeBarry, Jun 2, 2023
  3. dpb1949 Win User
    Seagate Backup Plus

Seagate Backup Plus 5 Tb drive shows up on my Windows 10 device manager but does not show up on the file history and scheduler does not work.

Spent 2 hours with Seagate Tech support but said it's a Microsoft problem.

dpb1949, Jun 2, 2023
  4. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

Seagate Backup Plus drive not saving past 4% using dashboard. - WIndows 10

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to update the drivers for this device and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update the Drivers.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows button and X together open Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, right click the Seagate Backup Plus drive
      Device.
    • Click Update Driver.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.

Note: You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or the driver files may still be installed from the last time that you set up the device.

If the issue persists, you may uninstall and reinstall the drivers and check if it helps.

Method 2: uninstall and reinstall the drivers

• Press Windows+X keys and select Device Manager.
    • Right click on Seagate Backup Plus drive
      and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and let the computer install the driver.
    You may also try installing the latest chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website and check.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

1. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device - Similar Threads - unlock Seagate Backup

2. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device: How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-a-seagate-backup-plus-device/0cb37760-55d9-4740-9d0f-15df00cf1e6d
  3. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device: How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-a-seagate-backup-plus-device/0cb37760-55d9-4740-9d0f-15df00cf1e6d
  4. Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning: Dear forum members, I recently purchased a 4TB Backup Plus series external USB disco. The disk, unlike another Toshiba drive, always remains active, even when it is not used. The power management feature in Windows is activated only when the computer goes in stand-by. I...
  5. Seagate Backup Plus not compatible for windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Backup Plus not compatible for windows store: So i recently bought a Seagate Backup Plus Slim thinking i would be able to save some space for games on it but apparently the windows 10 Microsoft store is not recognizing it as compatible is this a pc issue or am i doing something wrong ?...
  6. Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub: 7-10 days ago got this message on the screen [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Have looked on Seagates site, can't find a way to get past this, thinking it might be with Windows 10. Help....
  7. Seagate Backup plus portable storage

Seagate Backup plus portable storage: I have a Seagate Backup plus portable storage. I have been storing things like photos and word documents on it. For some reason, when I plug it in to my laptop now, the laptop does not see it, the indicator light comes on the Seagate portable storage device but the laptop...
  8. Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10

Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to install Seagate Backup Plus and do backup of HP PC - I keep getting repeated message "Backup failed- Some files are in use by another application or service" I've closed everything I can? Thanx in advance for any help ....
  9. Can't get new Seagate Backup Plus to Work

Can't get new Seagate Backup Plus to Work: Bought a Seagate Backup Plus. It works on my laptop but not on my PC. PC doesn't recognize it. How can I get it to work. I know that the drive works so the problem is with Windows 10...
  10. How To Access Brand New Seagate Backup Plus

How To Access Brand New Seagate Backup Plus: Seagate sent me a free Backup Plus Portable Drive, but i cannot access it because it wants bitlocker password. This is a brand new computer and i don't have BitLocker even set up.... how the hell do i access this hard drive? Windows 10 47837